243 powders

Yep got mine from Case Prep in Marston. What I like about N160 is it covers a fair range of bullet weights from 65gn up to 100gn so I can load speedy little 65s for fox and heavier stuff for deer without swapping powders all the time. To be fair it cant do smaller pills like 55gn but I can live with that as 65gn perform really well in my Sako

9 minutes ago, Zetter said:

Yep got mine from Case Prep in Marston. What I like about N160 is it covers a fair range of bullet weights from 65gn up to 100gn so I can load speedy little 65s for fox and heavier stuff for deer without swapping powders all the time. To be fair it cant do smaller pills like 55gn but I can live with that as 65gn perform really well in my Sako

Just chatting to Paul now he saying rs60 is good too

H4895 will do 55 too 107grn bullets and 110 too 200grn .308, in 243 I load 58grn ballistic tips and 95 grn soft points that can hit within 1.5 inches of each other at 200 yards on the same zero. Shame I cant always do it and its a shame that H4895 is on the to be banned list. My advice would be don't bother with any thing that is on the list because your going to have to change at some point

Edited by bluesj

12 hours ago, bluesj said:

H4895 will do 55 too 107grn bullets and 110 too 200grn .308, in 243 I load 58grn ballistic tips and 95 grn soft points that can hit within 1.5 inches of each other at 200 yards on the same zero. Shame I cant always do it and its a shame that H4895 is on the to be banned list. My advice would be don't bother with any thing that is on the list because your going to have to change at some point

Also found H4895 excellent in 243 ( 308 & 270 also)

If it can still be got hold of I'd stock up as much as you can get your hands on.

Edited by Robertt

16 minutes ago, Robertt said:

Also found H4895 excellent in 243 ( 308 & 270 also)

If it can still be got hold of I'd stock up as much as you can get your hands on.

I have but wouldn't bother if I wasn't already using it, same for trail boss but don't use much of that.

Personally think the OP should steer away from the non 'REACH' compliant powders like Varget and the H powders. I was a fan of Varget until 12 months ago when I heard of its future as far as the EU was concerned.

N160 as already stated is worth trying and also RS60 assuming you intend to use bullets in the 70 - 95 gr range

thanks all i am looking at rs60 at the moment as i don't want to use something that wont be about soon have had that with my .222 and .204 i use h322 for triple ans imr8208 for 204 and have had to stock up with 3 tubs of each for them and don't want the hassle of hunting down another powder also n160 is plentiful round this way 

thanks colin