A jolly drive to Cambridge

deny essex

Off again to Papworth hospital in Cambridge today and back from south Essex, thinking to take the scenic route through Saffron Walden, obviously pigeon spotting all the way , not that I shoot that far out now  but the pigeon shooters habit of having a passing glance as you pass likely fields is difficult to break after 30 plus years of shooting , even the wife does pigeon spotting now on trips.

How many of us suffer from the same affliction ? ?

All the time Denny. When driving, you just seem to know which fields will attract the grey hoards and cannot but look out for them.

Also, when a pigeon crosses in front of the car within range, how often do you take an imaginary shot ....and never seem to miss ? If only that happened with the gun at hand.

We often go the pretty route and stop at Saffron Walden.  Good little butchers there where I sometimes buy the odd grouse.

Enjoy your trip and hope all goes well at the hospital.

OB

like scully          all the bloody time.....its a wonder i havnt run up the rear of the car infront......................also the other spotting i used to do was plant spotting ...(diggers an dozers and stuff)...but now its purley pigeon and partridge spotting

4 hours ago, figgy said:

That is not an affliction its a countryman, your always looking at likely spots be it for shooting fishing ferreting.

Ha ha your right, haven't ferreted in twenty odd years but still look, don't think I've ever shot a pigeon with a shotgun but I've had loads with a stick or finger.

its hedges and woods that get me looking, quite often see a roe driving home, I'm sure no one else will see it.