Shooting on your own land.

And l know l will get the correct answer.

Good friend of mine who holds a FAC and he is cleared to shoot on his employers property with .22lr.

Now same friend owns a 3/4 acre plot of his own, is he legally entitled to shoot this without clearance from the FAO, he is not on an "open certificate".

Many thanks in advance.

PS.

1 hour ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

And l know l will get the correct answer.

Good friend of mine who holds a FAC and he is cleared to shoot on his employers property with .22lr.

Now same friend owns a 3/4 acre plot of his own, is he legally entitled to shoot this without clearance from the FAO, he is not on an "open certificate".

Many thanks in advance.

PS.

If I understand your wording correctly, I'm assuming he has only recently acquired the land?

If anyone else has shot on it during the last few years with a closed ticket he may have got it passed and your friend  not know about it if he's only recently acquired the land. I'm also thinking if he got cleared for his employers land he would have got his own cleared at the same time if he had it at the time the other was cleared

Sorry to show my age but was brought up with rods chains perches links and furlongs which is not really taught these days so not picking holes just helping folk understand the size of an area

3/4 of an acre is around 60 yards square or 3600 sq yards

An acre is a furlong (220 yards) x a chain (22 yards) or 4840 sq yards.

All irrelevant if there is a proper backstop as Graham says. Mentioning the use of a high seat can sometimes be useful in these situations

1 hour ago, Graham M said:

3/4 acre is a very small plot of land only around 165 yds square, but if there is a really good backstop it could be very safe. Doubt if it would be passed though. Best bet would be to get your mate to get his ticket opened up.

Sorry that should have been a --- as in 3 to 4 acres.

Ticket not yet a year old either.

1 hour ago, stevo said:

Obviously he will already know that he will still have to satisfy “good reason “ for shooting  on the land , even though he owns it . 

He doesn't have to show "Good reason" to shoot on his land he just needs to find out if it has been ok'd or get it checked and hopefully ok'd

5 hours ago, Graham M said:

3/4 acre is a very small plot of land only around 165 yds square, but if there is a really good backstop it could be very safe. Doubt if it would be passed though. Best bet would be to get your mate to get his ticket opened up.

oooops just seen the "1" in front of the 165. Should have read 65 yds square.:oops:

3-4 acres is a fair sized field and could be OK.

4 hours ago, 243deer said:

Sorry to show my age but was brought up with rods chains perches links and furlongs which is not really taught these days so not picking holes just helping folk understand the size of an area

3/4 of an acre is around 60 yards square or 3600 sq yards

An acre is a furlong (220 yards) x a chain (22 yards) or 4840 sq yards.

All irrelevant if there is a proper backstop as Graham says. Mentioning the use of a high seat can sometimes be useful in these situations

Ah back to the days of real measurements (and £ s d) 

22 yds in a chain, 10 chains in a furlong, 8 furlongs in a mile.

Only place I hear furlongs now is in horse racing.

Years ago I had all land cleared rented by a Mr farmer, that what it said on my ticket. So if Mr farmer rents a patch of grass 50 yds x 50 yds in the middle of the village I had permission off FLO to be able to shoot that with a 22.250. 

Would i have done, no, of course not.