Price per acre

Lloyd90

• 4 weeks later...

anything is worth what someone is willing to pay.....this might seem a daft reply but I stick to it...if someone has no shooting and in an area where little shooting is available then £20 an acre could be paid, 400 quid for a twenty acre field with maybe a pond on it for example...there again there's a shoot round here of about 10 x 15 acre fields, mostly stubbles now with an odd field of sprouts..mown ditches and nowt else, I believe they pay approx. £8 an acre...personally I wouldn't pay that. you can do a lot with a small acreage if theres a bit of cover and its looked after as per archie coates small shoot...pay too much and the members think they're being ripped off...pay too little and there's always someone behind you with a fatter chequebook. depends what the syndicate has to spend....you could ask em all to anonymously write down what they think its worth and you may be surprised at the figures...all depends how much you want it...good luck...atb...misser  

17 hours ago, misser said:

anything is worth what someone is willing to pay.....this might seem a daft reply but I stick to it...if someone has no shooting and in an area where little shooting is available then £20 an acre could be paid, 400 quid for a twenty acre field with maybe a pond on it for example...there again there's a shoot round here of about 10 x 15 acre fields, mostly stubbles now with an odd field of sprouts..mown ditches and nowt else, I believe they pay approx. £8 an acre...personally I wouldn't pay that. you can do a lot with a small acreage if theres a bit of cover and its looked after as per archie coates small shoot...pay too much and the members think they're being ripped off...pay too little and there's always someone behind you with a fatter chequebook. depends what the syndicate has to spend....you could ask em all to anonymously write down what they think its worth and you may be surprised at the figures...all depends how much you want it...good luck...atb...misser  

Will Garfitt also had/has a much written about, apparantly very productive small shoot! Town Gun aka Colin Willock used to write regularly about it in the Shooting Times some years ago!

As misser said, something is worth what someone is willing to pay!