Certificate revoked by FAO

itchy trigger

I know of someone who was instructed to remove all guns from their house, for them to be stored elsewhere by their FAO.

Upon further investigation by the FAO their certificate was revoked, FAO called round and collected it, so this person does not now have a certificate.

This person is still shooting, how is this possible without breaking the law

I know a couple of people , who have had there sgc revoked ( don’t know details as there not friends ) however  this does NOT mean there automatically prohibited from using a shotgun , they both compete regularly in CPSA reg shoots and regional championships. 

Every CPSA registered club Will / should have an exemption under section 11(6) of the 1968 Firearms Act. 

This allows non-certificate holders to possess shot guns at a time and place approved by the Chief Officer for shooting at artificial targets blah blah blah .so as long as there NOT prohibited there covered while at the ground 

Edited by stevo

As long as the rules and conditions are met I have no problem with it.  I think it’s a great safety net for shooters , there’s a lot of folk out there who have found them selfs with no ticket through no fault of there own , and this is a great way for the shooter to carry on with there hobby while hopefully getting things sorted .