Ross Kemp with armed police

Lloyd90

Anyone watching it? 

Some funny sights, police turn up at a house and the bloke throws a bag with a sawn off shotgun and pistol out his back window! Officer goes “you can tell it’s illegal because it’s under 2 foot... that makes it a sawn off!” 

Surely the fact the bloke threw the gun out of his upstairs window in a carrier bag when the Police arrived gives away the fact that it’s not quite legal? ??

Next thing they arrest 3 lads with a car full of knives and huge bags full of drugs. 

Apaprently all 3 said they weren’t the driver, and it wasn’t their drugs so no charges were brought against anyone... 

Surely not? My theory is they grassed up everyone they’ve ever met ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot see how televising these things helps.  The police have a job to do ...... and they should get on and do it - not be made into light entertainment.

There is a lot of public dissatisfaction with the police/justice system at present.  I believe part of the solution is to drop the 'show business' side and just get on with the policing job.

Rant over !

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

I cannot see how televising these things helps.  The police have a job to do ...... and they should get on and do it - not be made into light entertainment.

There is a lot of public dissatisfaction with the police/justice system at present.  I believe part of the solution is to drop the 'show business' side and just get on with the policing job.

Rant over !

It made the Police look like they’re at least trying with what they have. 

That was until those 3 lads all said it weren’t their drugs and they couldn’t identify which one of them was driving. 

The presenter had to announce that not one of them was charged! It was so ridiculous that’s what made me think they MUST HAVE grassed up a load of people. 

8 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

My concern is that when the Police (and I assume this decision comes from the top) decide to allow journalists and/or TV crews along on operations -- and especially those where the Police feel the need to be armed, or that they may encounter armed suspects - they would have a legal 'Duty of Care' to those journalists/crews.  This must mean considerable overheads to the Police to discharge their legal 'Duty of Care', and at a time when they are complaining (probably with justification) of being short of staff/resources - is this a wise use of resources?

I would like to see Police on the beat in town centres etc, not on the TV screen in 'action entertainment'.  Where they have armed operations to carry out, these should not be encumbered by having to look after journalists/TV crews.

It's just a personal view, and I accept that there are other views.

22 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

That was until those 3 lads all said it weren’t their drugs and they couldn’t identify which one of them was driving. 

The presenter had to announce that not one of them was charged! It was so ridiculous that’s what made me think they MUST HAVE grassed up a load of people. 

Doesn't that come into the "joint enterprise" category?

I watched it and I think they are in a losing battle with regards firearms, there is a thread on here about some people converting and supplying antique firearms to criminals, well if the guy who was interviewed in last nights program was telling the truth about the number of guns coming through the ports the antique gun supply was just a splash in the ocean.   

47 minutes ago, old'un said:

I watched it and I think they are in a losing battle with regards firearms, there is a thread on here about some people converting and supplying antique firearms to criminals, well if the guy who was interviewed in last nights program was telling the truth about the number of guns coming through the ports the antique gun supply was just a splash in the ocean.   

50-100 hand Guns a week he claims, all coming in from America. 

4-5k a gun as well - Between £200,000 - £500,000 a week ... must be one of the top earning companies in the country? ?

I think the police get blamed for alot of things outside their control, remember, it's the CPS who decides if a case goes to court or not and politicians who make the laws they are duty bound to uphold, they are massively under resourced and the police can only enforce the law as it is and if that's not working, then laws need changing, take firearms officers, police start on about 20k a year, for that they are asked to face the real possibility of getting shot, or having to shoot someone else, they then face the possibility of criminal charges or a court case hanging over them for years.

take firearms officers, police start on about 20k a year, for that they are asked to face the real possibility of getting shot, or having to shoot someone else, they then face the possibility of criminal charges or a court case hanging over them for years.

If they have a problem with that don't volunteer to be a firearms officer.  As for facing possible criminal charges if they get it wrong that's as is should be the police have to be responsible and accountable for their actions just like me and you, again they know that when they volunteer. The possibility of getting shot, how many firearms officers have being shot compared with unarmed officers being shot. ? All the police are armed here and you never hear them whinging and threatening to spit the dummy out like some firearms officers in mainland UK at the possibility of charges if they get it wrong, they just get on with their job they singed up for. 

Police marksmen have threatened to hand in their weapons in protest at the arrest of the officer who shot dead alleged gangster Jermaine Baker. But the officer’s colleagues in the elite Metropolitan Police firearms unit are understood to be ‘incensed’ and ready to step down from duty if he is charged over the shooting.

Edited by ordnance

6 minutes ago, ordnance said:

If they have a problem with that don't volunteer to be a firearms officer.  As for facing possible criminal charges if they get it wrong that's as is should be the police have to be responsible and accountable for their actions just like me and you, again they know that when they volunteer. The possibility of getting shot, how many firearms officers have being shot compared with unarmed officers being shot. ? All the police are armed here and you never hear them whinging and threatening to spit the dummy out like some firearms officers in mainland UK at the possibility of charges if they get it wrong, they just get on with their job they singed up for. 

It's not just if they get it wrong though, I watched a documentary and it took one guy 12 years to clear his name for doing nothing wrong, all the while knowing he was innocent but still having the stress of the case hanging over him for all that time.

You've obviously got a strong opinion on it, but it hasn't changed mine, not an easy job I would think and some very brave people prepared to put themselves in harm's way for other people, I think they get alot of undeserved flack from all angles.

22 minutes ago, ordnance said:

This. It's not compulsory. 

You've obviously got a strong opinion on it, but it hasn't changed mine, not an easy job I would think and some very brave people prepared to put themselves in harm's way for other people, I think they get alot of undeserved flack from all angles.

All police put themselves in harms way, for me it takes more bravery to police unarmed. I asked the question in my last post, how many armed officers have being murdered on duty compared with unarmed officers. Bellow one example of unarmed officers being shot dead, there are others. i can not find any examples of armed officers being shot dead in mainland UK.

On 18 September 2012, Police Constables Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone, two Greater ManchesterPolice officers, were killed by Dale Cregan in a gun ... the island of Great Britain in which two female police officers were killed on duty.

26 minutes ago, Harnser said:

It made me wonder how Ross kemp managed to get an interview with illegal gun users and an illegal gun dealer . Why carnt the the cops do the same thing and then lift their collers .

harnser 

It certainly does make you wonder, I don’t believe most of the **** programs like this churn out .

its all tosh .with nowt to back it up .

Edited by stevo

38 minutes ago, ordnance said:

All police put themselves in harms way, for me it takes more bravery to police unarmed. I asked the question in my last post, how many armed officers have being murdered on duty compared with unarmed officers. Bellow one example of unarmed officers being shot dead, there are others. i can not find any examples of armed officers being shot dead in mainland UK.

And this. 

2 hours ago, ordnance said:

Well I completely agree and you've made my very point, that police, armed or otherwise do a tough job in difficult circumstances and I personally don't think they deserve a lot of the flack they receive as they are blamed for many things beyond their control.

As for your other point, I've heard of armed officers shot on duty but thankfully not killed, that's not the point though, for me the point is they're prepared to put themselves in harm's way for others who are unable to defend themselves and to me that's commendable.