Khan v Vargas

Gordon R

Any thoughts on how this will go?

I will admit to wanting to see Khan knocked out. He recently said he took stick because he supports the UK and Pakistan. I think he is missing a few relevant points.

I have no time for him for several reasons:-

Glass jaw.

A cretin behind the wheel of a car - be it speeding or knocking down a pedestrian who subsequently dies.

Inability to remain faithful to his wife.

Whatever the outcome, I hope he will be around to be put into retirement by Kell brook.

On 06/09/2018 at 22:56, Mice! said:

We'll on the boxing side i hope he does well, now his hands are better he should hopefully be able to box properly again.

But i know nothing bout Vargus he any good? Or is he past it?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessie_Vargas

wp_ss_20180906_0008.png.48d479d94d17dcff65c29a0a58d15c85.png

From this snipet he looks decent

It's Samuel Vargas he's fighting bud not Jessie Vargas lol

Read an article by Steve Bunce today - said he didn't want to see Khan in the ring again. He thought those close to Khan should speak to him about retirement.

I have no time for Khan, but would not wish to see him take another beating. He needs to get out whilst he still has a brain, albeit not a very good one.

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

They never know when to quit sometimes, just one more big pay day.

I imagine Brook would love to finish his career but if it goes badly it could ruin both of their lives.

The trouble is knowing when you can go out on a high, to when you can't. Khan won't want the Vargas fight to be his last, but that is better than Brook flattening him. Knowing when to quit takes more brain and courage than I think Khan's got. Look at Alastair Cook. He's only 33 and could have had a few more years. But he knew when the time was right for him and picked his time to go perfectly - when he could still eek out one last great show.

But for Khan? it has to be better to go now on your own terms than later at someone else's.

Not that he will.

Watched it in Prague with no sound but looked a good wee tear up.

Vargas has some heart on him and kept going when quite a few would have quit and if the bell hadnt saved Khan twice it could have been a totally different ending.

Same old Khan,when he fights intelligently he can school the oppo but cant resist hanging that chin up to get tagged,and when hit clean hes usually on the floor.

Probably got 1 or 2 more fights left in him to cash out but the way hes talking they could be brutal KOs too.

Decent career,very skillful but lack of chin and boxing brain had always been his downfall.

Brook has wasted so much of his career chasing a Khan fight its been unreal and the twice he has stepped up he quit once and the towel in for the other after having his glass orbitals shattered.Lacks the stamina for 12 rounds of action too which has been a weak spot and like Khan has always been very deluded.

Would like to see them finally fight and hopefully end both their careers.