Grumpy thread

B391

I set one of these up on a Land Rover forum years ago and it is still going. Seems there are a lot of grumpy people about.

I was really grumpy today.

Bought a house recently and pulled down the rotten old shed which had an armoured cable installed which I had made safe by an electician. I have now had a new shed built, a nice big one. Installed the previous shed armoured cable and then wired up the new RCD fuse box, lights and sockets. I know what I am doing so I as very suprised when on final connection to the house it tripped the house RCD. Puzzled I checked all my wiring again and then re-checked. 

I could not find the fault. In the end I traced the armoured cable and found that at some point it had been badley fitted by some muppet who had switched negative and earth cables around in a junction box. So I traced all of the cable triple checked I had all the connections correct and now I have light and power the the shed.

I really cannot undestand how stupid some people are when it comes to electrical circuits. They are just damn dangerous.

Oh -  electrical test for certification has been booked.

Plenty of bodgers about mate. Renovating an old house at the moment and shocking what has been done. Removed some old boarding where a wall had been knocked through...boarding was holding up about 150 kilos of stonework...all came down in a big pile of dust and rubble...3 days to sort it out but at least the house didnt fall down ...and the wall is now solid..