B & Q Club card

krugerandsmith

They are having a revamp on all their Discount cards as I have just received notification of changes to our ‘Tradepoint’ trade card that discount will now no longer be applied to individual items, but that at the end of the month a flat 5% I think it was on purchases over £250 and 10% on purchases over £1500, will be applied and given as credit to use in the next month only.........

Aren’t they in massive debt ? 

We now have a sign up with our costs and expenses.

people are after things to cheap but then want higher wages. 

Our rent is £900 a month without rates, electric, wages on 6 of us, 2 vans, £200,000 in tooling, containers etc. 

We sold some doors last week and a fellow company out priced us making £1 per internal door inc delivery. You can’t trade like that. ( we buy from the same place at the same price) 

On 07/09/2018 at 07:39, team tractor said:

Aren’t they in massive debt ? 

We now have a sign up with our costs and expenses.

people are after things to cheap but then want higher wages. 

Our rent is £900 a month without rates, electric, wages on 6 of us, 2 vans, £200,000 in tooling, containers etc. 

We sold some doors last week and a fellow company out priced us making £1 per internal door inc delivery. You can’t trade like that. ( we buy from the same place at the same price) 

This is spot on, it's part of the reason I packed it in (the other being I wanted my life back). The other problem I think is that so many people simply look at price as their deciding factor, you can't compete with mass produced joinery and alot of people aren't bothered the quality isn't there.

26 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

This is spot on, it's part of the reason I packed it in (the other being I wanted my life back). The other problem I think is that so many people simply look at price as their deciding factor, you can't compete with mass produced joinery and alot of people aren't bothered the quality isn't there.

I priced a window at £450 last year and the guy came in with a price of £145 off someone else.

i asked him if it included fasteners, glass, preservatives, hinges , what quality of timber. He hadn’t asked the guy that