Camera experts

Rewulf

9 hours ago, John_R said:

I still have my Zenit E,  which was superseded by a Pentax ME Super.  The latter was stolen and the loss of the film inside meant more than that of the hardware at the time.

I did find another ME Super and I still have it.

I currently use a Nikon D300 and see no need to change yet. I still have the D70 that I had before. I kept it as a spare but frankly ought to sell it.

I also went Zenith, Pentax ME (not sure mine was super) and Nikon route. 

Slightly off topic but talking 35mm I have the Canon A1 with just about every extra you could ever need, all pretty much mint and all still boxed and with original instruction books - when I had the EM (for about 5 years) I promised myself that, one day, I would own the (at the time) ultimate camera - took about 25 years but I'm a patient person.

14 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You could always donate it to a young lady just starting her photographic experience!

hello, the younger generation do not seem to want to learn with a roll film camera, straight on to digital, young lady i met doing a photo course at Abingdon tec said no one uses 35 mm film, i mentioned great photographers like Ansel Adams, WHO!!!!!!,

32 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, the younger generation do not seem to want to learn with a roll film camera, straight on to digital, young lady i met doing a photo course at Abingdon tec said no one uses 35 mm film, i mentioned great photographers like Ansel Adams, WHO!!!!!!,

That comment was actually referring to my old D70. Speaking of which, I now recall I was thinking of converting it to infra red, so I'll have a ponder on that.

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Things move forward, plates were replaced by film which was processed in dark room, digital SLR's took over from film with the processing being done in photoshop and light room.

Now DSLR's are being taken over by mirrorless cameras, no doubt something will come along to replace this and on it will move.

The art is what you capture and how you capture it, Ansel Adams was a genius, but people out there take amazing pictures every day, the worlds most expensive photo might disappoint you.

https://expertphotography.com/the-worlds-most-expensive-photo-what-makes-it-so-great/

50 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Things move forward, plates were replaced by film which was processed in dark room, digital SLR's took over from film with the processing being done in photoshop and light room.

Now DSLR's are being taken over by mirrorless cameras, no doubt something will come along to replace this and on it will move.

The art is what you capture and how you capture it, Ansel Adams was a genius, but people out there take amazing pictures every day, the worlds most expensive photo might disappoint you.

https://expertphotography.com/the-worlds-most-expensive-photo-what-makes-it-so-great/

It certaimly does.  There's no Geese or Ducks. 

4 hours ago, welsh1 said:

hello, very disapointing i might say, i was lucky to find a copy of Ansel Adams best photo book, i gave it to the young lady doing the college course so i hope it will inspire her to admire a genius as you so put it well, 

1 hour ago, Opossum said:

I picked up a Pentax ME Super at a local camera shop last year. I really like the thing - in fact my brother liked it enough to buy one for himself. I quite like shooting in black and white and developing/scanning the photos myself.

hello, a very nice camera, i always used B and W in my cameras then in the darkroom, had quite a few printed in the local paper, back in the 1960s/1970s a lot of well known photographers used different makes of cameras but not all Nikon A1s so you do not need a £££££££££££££ camera to take good photos,

On 12/09/2018 at 18:10, welsh1 said:

hello, welsh 1 talking of photos did you ever see the tennis player ??? very cheeky:yes:

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, Apologies to Rewulf on going off topic on your post quest to buy a suitable camera for your Daughter, i hope you find a suitable camera and she does well on her photography studies👍 please let us know how goes. cheers

No problem at all. 
Upon further enquiries, it seems that the school lend you a camera !
You apparently get to keep it for the course, but have to replace it if it gets broken/stolen.
Not sure what it is yet, and I might yet still buy one, but thanks anyway for the pointers. 👍

17 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, a very nice camera, i always used B and W in my cameras then in the darkroom, had quite a few printed in the local paper, back in the 1960s/1970s a lot of well known photographers used different makes of cameras but not all Nikon A1s so you do not need a £££££££££££££ camera to take good photos,

hello, welsh 1 talking of photos did you ever see the tennis player ??? very cheeky:yes:

This one 😂😂

pat.jpg