• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Ajarrett said:

:)

Because my business is my business - especially if someone gives the impression of being a BASC lackey!

So much for transparency. If you are facing a claim, I hope you have informed your local party. They won't be keen this sort of an issue bubbling up in the run up to next May's local elections.

Edited by stagboy

16 minutes ago, stagboy said:

So much for transparency. If you are facing a claim, I hope you have informed your local party. They won't be keen this sort of an issue bubbling up in the run up to next May's local elections.

Indeed! Descended is the right word. That's what you get when you have narrow-minded people on here!

Heh ho!

49 minutes ago, figgy said:

I was enjoying reading about land purchases and that BASC should be buying land, which I agree with. It’s a disgrace to wildfowling as an organisation. 

Its now descended into a completely different subject. 

I was enjoying the topic too and thinking how much more could be achieved by harnessing existing resources and pointing them all in the same direction. 

For the benefit of the sport get over it boys, life is too short move on, celebrate the good news and lets get some more. 

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

I was enjoying the topic too and thinking how much more could be achieved by harnessing existing resources and pointing them all in the same direction. 

For the benefit of the sport get over it boys, life is too short move on, celebrate the good news and lets get some more. 

Yes let's!

18 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Went a bit of track for a bit 

but now back on track 

was wondering 

are there plans for any other wildfowling clubs to buy land or leases 

and would it be possible for a private individual to purchase their own lease 

just thinking out loud 

I know quite a few other clubs have, and well done to them too.

The problem is in some parts of the country available land is scarce and/or there is a lack of wherewithal to pursue opportunities. That's why Lee and I, as well as working together locally to buy land, we worked hard nationally to promote the concept. Sadly eventually to no avail.

So all we can do is continue locally and do what we can within available resources

4 minutes ago, Ajarrett said:

I know quite a few other clubs have, and well done to them too.

The problem is in some parts of the country available land is scarce and/or there is a lack of wherewithal to pursue opportunities. That's why Lee and I, as well as working together locally to buy land, we worked hard nationally to promote the concept. Sadly eventually to no avail.

So all we can do is continue locally and do what we can within available resources

We need a national fund to buy land, with resources matched against the funds raised by the local shooting club. Once bought the shooting rights can be stripped out and the land sold on again with the receipts recycled back into the fund. Local clubs could manage the resource on behalf of the national body. The local organisation would be structured to safeguard the asset and ensure that it worked towards some set of agreed national standards.  

44 minutes ago, oowee said:

We need a national fund to buy land, with resources matched against the funds raised by the local shooting club. Once bought the shooting rights can be stripped out and the land sold on again with the receipts recycled back into the fund. Local clubs could manage the resource on behalf of the national body. The local organisation would be structured to safeguard the asset and ensure that it worked towards some set of agreed national standards.  

Yep - exactly the scenario Lee and I were promoting. 

59 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Enjoyed reading the start of this thread Now its descendant into a arguing match Thats the problem with us wildfowlers we need to stick together for the good of the sport not at each others throats But well done mr jarrett for original post clubs buying land is a good thing👍

Hopefully thread back on track now.

:) 

12 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Enjoyed reading the start of this thread Now its descendant into a arguing match Thats the problem with us wildfowlers we need to stick together for the good of the sport not at each others throats But well done mr jarrett for original post clubs buying land is a good thing👍

I couldn't agree with you more Gerry , I am to old in the tooth to keep arguing about the past , we know buying land up is the way forward and lets stick together and do just that .

On 11/09/2018 at 15:16, figgy said:

I was enjoying reading about land purchases and that BASC should be buying land, which I agree with. It’s a disgrace to wildfowling as an organisation. 

Its now descended into a completely different subject. 

Not sure why Basc should buy land for anyone really.... but i will list the wildfowling clubs that Basc has helped financially that i know of, also there are other clubs that have been helped which i have no details of so will not speculate with the facts. I was prompted to write this by your comment ..."its a disgrace to wildfowling as an organisation"...please read the list below

Kent wildfowlers

Bridgewater bay wildfowlers

Westmoreland wildfowlers

Clevedon wildfowlers

Gloucester wildfowlers

Devon wildfowlers

Norwich and district wildfowlers

Barton on Humber

Dyfi, Mawddach andDysynni

Frodshamand district wildfowlers x2 times

Eley and district wildfowlers

Rockland wildfowlers

Lough Foyle

Heachem and North west Norfolk wildfowlers

As i said these are the ones i know about there are certainly more .

As the thread started with congratulations on Kents purchase i started the list with them so before you join the bash Basc band probably best to get a few facts straight ...no they havent done much ask the clubs above !

I AM QUITE SURPRISED THAT NO MEMBERS FROM ANY OF THE ABOVE CLUBS  HAVE POSTED IN BASCs DEFENCE can anyone tell me why ?

Congratulations to anyone gaining land for fowling.

As a member of one of the clubs helped by BASC via the WHT loans, I think it is a great scheme..

As to why BASC should  or should not buy land for fowlers, why should they?  Fowlers now make up about 5-8% of BASC's membership.  If they spent all of their reserves on land, it would be  mainly be on grouse moors, pheasant shoots and farms to shoot pigeon over.  That is where the majority of the membership comes from. If it was otherwise, then the majority of the membership would be up in arms.

as to why not posting in defence, I get bored... the same people with the same hate BASC vitriol.  No I do not think it is perfect, it has faults, but as the people change, give them a chance and do not blame them for historical failings. (We still get people going on about losing lead shot for fowling... get over it! That was nearly two decades ago, half the people who debated it back then are now dead!) Everyone goes on about the insurance side of BASC but that is not the main part of the picture... there is no other group specifically aimed at supporting live quarry shooters in UK's political arena that has the experience/clout/call it what you will, to compete with BASC at this moment.

I will now sit back while some boring *** accuses me of working for BASC, being in a relationship with BASC's new boss or whatever.

2 hours ago, nic said:

As a member of one of the clubs helped by BASC via the WHT loans, I think it is a great scheme..

As to why BASC should  or should not buy land for fowlers, why should they?  Fowlers now make up about 5-8% of BASC's membership.  If they spent all of their reserves on land, it would be  mainly be on grouse moors, pheasant shoots and farms to shoot pigeon over.  That is where the majority of the membership comes from. If it was otherwise, then the majority of the membership would be up in arms.

as to why not posting in defence, I get bored... the same people with the same hate BASC vitriol.  No I do not think it is perfect, it has faults, but as the people change, give them a chance and do not blame them for historical failings. (We still get people going on about losing lead shot for fowling... get over it! That was nearly two decades ago, half the people who debated it back then are now dead!) Everyone goes on about the insurance side of BASC but that is not the main part of the picture... there is no other group specifically aimed at supporting live quarry shooters in UK's political arena that has the experience/clout/call it what you will, to compete with BASC at this moment.

I will now sit back while some boring *** accuses me of working for BASC, being in a relationship with BASC's new boss or whatever.

Well put sir.

6 hours ago, nic said:

Couldnt have put it better myself .