Raspberry Whiskey

Danger-Mouse

I made some of this last year and it has been sat in the cupboard until about a month ago. I had only added the fruit when it was bottled and when I first tried tried it it was whilst drinkable still a little harsh for my taste. So I added 50 grams of sugar and left it for another month. On Wednesday I'd had a pretty stressful day at work and arriving back home I decided that a glass of something strong was in order. Trawling through the cupboards I found the whiskey and decided to give it a whirl. I have to say it's a very nice drink and I think another couple of bottles will be in order once I can find some raspberries. Well worth knocking up a batch if you haven't tried it.

3 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Sounds velly nice DM

Sounds like adding the sugar has made all the difference.

Did you strain it, how much have you made?

Slurrrrp!

atb

7diaw

Yeah I've decanted and strained it, I have about a litre. The extra sugar was definitely needed but most of the sweetness came from the fruit itself. I always add sugar at the end of the process that way you don't end up with something too sweet.

I've put the fruit to one side and I've been eating that with chocolate pudding and extra thick double cream, absolutely delicious.

8 minutes ago, Danger-Mouse said:

Yeah I've decanted and strained it, I have about a litre. The extra sugar was definitely needed but most of the sweetness came from the fruit itself. I always add sugar at the end of the process that way you don't end up with something too sweet.

I've put the fruit to one side and I've been eating that with chocolate pudding and extra thick double cream, absolutely delicious.

Nom, nom, nom!

Might adopt that stance in some of my brews by adding more of the sugar towards the end.

Nothing has gone to waste, sounds like fine dining!

atb

7diaw

• 2 weeks later...