Bigger safe or two safes?

Jay1234

So I already have my sgc and a 6 gun safe, I'm about to apply for my fac and have 6 firearms I'd like (I have good justification for them all so not worried about I il get the 6 guns or not at the moment) but my question is, do I get a bigger safe and an ammo safe, or do I get a smaller gun safe, and use that for the 1 shotgun and rifle ammunition and keep the 6 gun safe just for the rifles? 

Cheers for any replies

jay

Edited by Jay1234

Well the 6 gun safe I have is extra deep, designed for 6 rifles anyway, and I'm either going to have to buy another gun safe or an ammo safe, it's just deciding witch to go with 

10 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I was thinking the same this week. Do I buy a 10 gun and get rid of the 5? Or go buck wild and keep both. I know I'd fill them both. 

Sensible side says the 10 and sell the 5. Would only need basic security measurement's installed on the house then. 

Yeah that would be the sensible thing to do, but selling 5 is like picking witch 5 of your kids to sell ?

2 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

In the end I went on eBay and picked up a 5 gun cab for £30. Absolute steal. I would of handed over 3 times that. It's not a bit of junk either, feels as well if not better made than my brattonsound. 

So, I've now 4 storage safes dotted about. Theirs more holes in my walls than a public toilet door! 

Cheers for the input strimmer, think I've decided to go for a second smaller safe for the shotguns and use the bigger safe for the rifles

26 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

Extra tall and deep for rifles and extra long shot, tall deep safe with internal ammo cabinet for shotties and airgun with bullets and bolts for rifles in shottie ammo cabinet

Cheers for the input :) my current safe has an internal locking box (ammo box) so thinking of putting bolts in there, then ammo rifle ammo in a smaller box safe then shortie and my one air rifle in the second safe 

3 hours ago, The Heron said:

Get another safe preferably a scoped rifle I think bratton sound make a 9 gun one which is tall and will store a 30" barrel semi-auto 12 gauge  as well if you want to.

Yeah my current safe will take 6 scoped rifles with space to spare, so thinking of buying a smaller safe to put the shotgun and air rifle in then using the 6gun safe I already have for the 6 rifles il be getting