Gutless Antis

tonker

A mate of mine and his Brother who farm in our village, both received anonymous letters from, I presume the lacs. Stating that if they sign up for the cull there farms will be targeted.

Now there is no cull in our area this year, but there is talk about it for next year here. Question? do they just send a letter to all the farms in the area trying to put the frighteners on them.

how did they find out that our area may be rolled out or is it in the public domain. The law is an *** when faceless cowardly toss ers can target totally innocent families with a mail shot and

get them worried about their and their families future,  Sorry about the rant, but they will not stand in front of you so you can talk straight to them, they hide behind masks and darkness.

It's not very difficult to guess which landowners have signed up to the cull.

The cull areas are in the public domain and as it's a requirement that a very high percentage of land owners in the zone must sign up and pay for the cull to go ahead, it's not rocket science to guess which ones have done so.

Antis should be arrested using the terror laws, they are terrorists of the country side. They aren’t champions of the badger or fox they just want a fight because they don’t like something that they perceive as rich mans folly. Ironically a good proportion of these smelly, angry, swamp creatures come from relatively well to do families which has enabled them to not work (or wash) and fight the power. Cathy Scott is our local extremist. She is a very nasty piece of work. 

9 hours ago, CharlieT said:

It's not very difficult to guess which landowners have signed up to the cull.

The cull areas are in the public domain and as it's a requirement that a very high percentage of land owners in the zone must sign up and pay for the cull to go ahead, it's not rocket science to guess which ones have done so.

This. Many landowners feel obliged to sign up as they have no other way of knowing who is going to be on or around, their land.

Why it has to be made so difficult and time consuming to carry out a cull is beyond me. It could all be made so much easier and more secure ( less public ) for all concerned. 

Edited by Scully

11 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Anonymity by letter or in person wearing a mask - shows them to be the spineless cowards that they truly are. Report it to the Police.

yep could not agree more my thoughts exactly

going back a good 30+ years when myself and another 3 lads used to work terriers for a local hunt we had 1 or 2 run ins with the muppets but as it was in the days before mobiles with video cams ect it was not unusal for them to get a stern :whistling::whistling: :mad: talking too if you get what I mean

may I add I do not condone violence

Edited by hodge911

It's a disgrace that the authorities (the government and police) are failing to protect innocent law abiding citizens and their families from criminal attack (direct and threatened) from these terrorists, it's a further disgrace when those same innocent law abiding citizens are forced (by the lack of protection by the authorities) to protect themselves and their families in whatever way they can....end up in court for doing so!

if the authorities do nothing, what are victims supposed to do?

If I wrote to a local tap dance teacher threatening them about their business there would be outrage yet the antis can intimidate and threaten without reproach, it’s a joke, wear a balaclava in a city centre and see how long before you’re face down on the tarmac but do it in the countryside and it’s a legal protest

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

It's a disgrace that the authorities (the government and police) are failing to protect innocent law abiding citizens and their families from criminal attack (direct and threatened) from these terrorists, it's a further disgrace when those same innocent law abiding citizens are forced (by the lack of protection by the authorities) to protect themselves and their families in whatever way they can....end up in court for doing so!

if the authorities do nothing, what are victims supposed to do?

Yep. 

I think that the police now only have to ask them to remove head covers and not get higher authority. 

Slightly ot. I'm all in favour of carrying some form of ID at all times. 

I do. If the police ask me who I am I will quite happily provide that information. I don't go around with my face covered unless it's -10degress.

6 hours ago, lord_seagrave said:

I have to confess that I didn’t know traps were being used, I thought it was only shooting. 

LS

Yes, traps are used, but usually only by those who don’t own a CF rifle. Trapped badgers are shot in the traps.....with a 12 bore! It’s a purpose designed cartridge and not your ‘off the shelf’ type. There is a thick ‘method’ brochure to get through before any culling takes place. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Yes, traps are used, but usually only by those who don’t own a CF rifle. Trapped badgers are shot in the traps.....with a 12 bore! It’s a purpose designed cartridge and not your ‘off the shelf’ type. There is a thick ‘method’ brochure to get through before any culling takes place. 

Thanks Scully.

LS

So this badger probably walked into the trap sometime after 12 noon that day? To be allegedly found by the terrorists at 4.30pm......what's wrong with that? In compliance with the rules, I t would have been found next day before 12 noon and dispatched!

Am I right in my belief that traps have, by law, only to be visited once a day?

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

So this badger probably walked into the trap sometime after 12 noon that day? To be allegedly found by the terrorists at 4.30pm......what's wrong with that? In compliance with the rules, I t would have been found next day before 12 noon and dispatched!

This is what the rules say.................

Cage traps set to catch must be checked and any badgers caught must be dealt with as soon as practicable after dawn the following day. In any event, operators must complete this before 12 noon.

Therefore, if the trap was checked at say 6am and the badger was caught at 7am, it is perfectly legal for the trap to hold the badger until noon the following day.

It is for this reason that the rules forbid the use of traps during inclement weather.

15 hours ago, lord_seagrave said:

I have to confess that I didn’t know traps were being used, I thought it was only shooting. 

LS

To my knowledge in some areas traps have proven more effective than shooting and most areas had failed to meet their targets for their cull zone so I suspect people are doing both in many areas.

7 hours ago, panoma1 said:

That's if you actually believe what they are saying. If the rules say the badgers have to be dispatched by 12 oclock what possible purpose would be served by a bunch of antis going round at 4..30 inspecting the traps? Sounds to me like little fibs are being told to embellish the story.

Surely they would go round well before 12 (first light probably) to set the badgers free

17 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

That's if you actually believe what they are saying. If the rules say the badgers have to be dispatched by 12 oclock what possible purpose would be served by a bunch of antis going round at 4..30 inspecting the traps? Sounds to me like little fibs are being told to embellish the story.

Surely they would go round well before 12 (first light probably) to set the badgers free

Spot on, fake news.

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

The anti lot could and probably do check all times of the day, what says that badger was not caught at 13:00 14:00 15:00 all after 12. If the trapper checks at first light  and then early evening there could be 10 hours between checking. Enough time for antis to free. Also who says that trap was for the badger? ive caught magpies in fox traps and foxes in larsen traps before. Just because that badger is in there doesn't make it a badger trap. 

3 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

I cant see a time piece to state what time the animal was caught only there word which dont count that could be early on a summers morning

Even then its easy to change the time or the date on a camera. The lack of shadows on that photo makes me doubt it was taken at 4.30pm