a few more woodland pics

mel b3

30 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Very nice 

and a good bit of firewood for you to cut up 😂😂

all the best 

of 

We've got three oaks down now nigel , im hoping to get some good usable wood from them for little projects.

I was hoping to get one of them taken care of today , but the weather changed our plans. 

21 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Very pleasant Mel.:good:

Cheers dave , it was lovely yesterday ,but the torrential rain started at 1 am ish , so we made our way home this morning, we left a swamp behind. 

It must have gotten a bit windy in the week, because the roof has been ripped from the toilet/shower tent 😆

1 minute ago, mossy835 said:

nice place, how big is it.

It's about eight and a half acres buddy.

22 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Excellent Mel. It's a shame we couldn't meet up (again) today, the weather beat us once more. Hopefully in the not too distant future, it will happen.

Im not normally one to be put off by the weather ,but it had me beat today mate . I'm sure we'll get something sorted soon 👍.

We've had a trail cam running since we got the woodland we've only caught one clip of a fox ,and one clip that we think was a badger , we do have a couple of squirrels that pop up now and again , and lots of woodland birds , the main footage though ,is the farmers sheep from next door , and loads of pheasants from the local shoot.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, how long is the drive to your wood Mel ?, it was something i thought to buy years ago but never did, had  chance of a nice stretch of trout river to, lots of possibilities mel , log cabin/open fire/ stream water, oh heaven for us country loving folk  

We take 2.5 hours getting there ,but I could easily do it in under two hours.

We had the chance to buy a great piece of woodland on the river avon , it had mooring and fishing rights , I absolutely loved it , unfortunately it also had eastern Europeans destroying the piece of public land next door , it would have been a constant fight to keep them out 😕.

32 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

We take 2.5 hours getting there ,but I could easily do it in under two hours.

We had the chance to buy a great piece of woodland on the river avon , it had mooring and fishing rights , I absolutely loved it , unfortunately it also had eastern Europeans destroying the piece of public land next door , it would have been a constant fight to keep them out 😕.

hello, thats not to bad to get to your nice wood mel, where was the land by the Avon?

12 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thats not to bad to get to your nice wood mel, where was the land by the Avon?

For the life of me I can't remember, I know that it was next to a piece of public land ,and had a permanent travellers camp about half a mile away.

6 hours ago, mel b3 said:

We've had a trail cam running since we got the woodland we've only caught one clip of a fox ,and one clip that we think was a badger , we do have a couple of squirrels that pop up now and again , and lots of woodland birds , the main footage though ,is the farmers sheep from next door , and loads of pheasants from the local shoot.

So free pheasant, and get a feeder up and sort those squirrels.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

So free pheasant, and get a feeder up and sort those squirrels.

i did take a few squirrel traps this weekend , but we got rained off and didnt get chance to set them,  theyll probably be more fun with an airgun anyway.

ive heard rumours that the local shoot put massive amounts of birds down , but as tempting as it might be , it wouldnt really be right to shoot birds that have been paid for by someone else , but , in years to come , i might put a few birds down myself , mainly so that mates can pop up and shoot a few.