Fibre shot cups

I use them exclusively over card (inverted bottle top!) and fibre wads in the 8 bore, with ITM shot........yes! The walls are thicker than gualandi and other 8 bore plastic wads.

I do not load steel presently, but if I were to, I would be tempted to put a thin plastic membrane inside of the cup, to prevent the shot coming into contact with the bore via the four slits, you need to make!....perhaps defeats the object slightly.....but maybe adds another bit of protection for the bores?

29 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Used them with ITM in the 8 ... and they do a job.

A good tip when slitting them, is to put the blade through at 45 degrees so there's not a direct line to the barrel wall. Not sure if it does any good, but it makes me feel better !!

I also cut the slits in the card cups at an angle, as an extra precaution! 

11 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

I'd always add a powder card / fibre wad to get a good gas seal and stop the powder blowing through the bottom of the cup. You'll also need to do this for height.

Unlikely the pressure will increase going from plastic to fibre, so you might consider adding a grain of powder or two at your own risk.

I'm fairly sure I put a gas seal/fibre wad under the shot cup when I loaded some. Only did half a dozen and it was 3 seasons ago so i've forgotten!

1 hour ago, TIDES EDGE said:

Twymyn   Let us know how you get on with them please  as I have said on other posts on here these fibre cups must be the way forward for all loads lead and steel.

Will do although given the lack of proper consents on the Dyfi at the moment it may have to wait until I can get over to the Wash in November

On 09/09/2018 at 15:41, Big Mat said:

When I loaded some with steel , clay game advised me to just use my normal data but with a fibre shot cup. 

well that's great [Im not surprised]..... here i am trying to source the exact wad as per the recipes, when in fact i could substitute any wad for a fibre without detriment. stick in a nitro card and add a grain or two...:)

I have loaded some 24 gram clay loads with CSB5 powder and they work well. I've only tried a few and am going to shoot a round of 50 on sunday with them and see how I get on. I also have some 32 gram steel 4's using SSB+150 but have found I need to RTO and using a plastic frangiable disc almost defeats the object. I'll get some cardboard tops 

Not wishing to teach my Granny to suck eggs , but in this modern age I thought the following may be helpful?

Find a piece of thick wall steel tube the I.D. being the size of card wad you wish to make , grind the mouth of the steel tube to a knife sharp angle and punch out your own card wads using beer mats as the correct card.

Hope this saves some of you a few pence.

I ordered an itx data sheet from Claygame with the intention of loading some BB loads in fibre shot cups but the recipes on that use CSB0 which they say is no longer available. can anyone point me to an itx load using an available powder. I have some Alliant steel and Alliant 381

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Midland gamefair which was pretty rubbish and poorly attended but on the plus side I was able to have a good chat with Stephen Dale of Claygame. As a result I have now loaded some 36g ITX 10 in 2 shot using a Cheddite hull with 39 grains of Alliant. The 38mm fibre shotcup is slightly small for 36g. Had to put two 3 mm fibre wads under the shot cup. The BP ITX manual says it does 1380 fps. Have yet to test/pattern it - will report back