Beans

Ultrastu

Had a cheeky bash at a few pige this morning on a bean stubble. 

A bag of 30 pige and 3 blacks 

Is my best bag over beans ever .

Very pleased .

I didnt shoot too well to start in the strong wind but after a while i found my form and made some lovely shots and a few pairs. 

IMG_20180909_191124.jpg

Edited by Ultrastu

Well done dude😁 Can certainly relate to that. A bean stubble near me has given some great days recently. Due to time restraints I've only done a couple of hours each outing, so had a dozen or so each time, but very enjoyable. Love the dog and getting pairs.....wooohooo🤗 very good. Like mine, were most of them juveniles? What gun and cartridges were you using? I had a great time the other Saturday using 28grm #8

44 minutes ago, getthegat said:

Well done dude😁 Can certainly relate to that. A bean stubble near me has given some great days recently. Due to time restraints I've only done a couple of hours each outing, so had a dozen or so each time, but very enjoyable. Love the dog and getting pairs.....wooohooo🤗 very good. Like mine, were most of them juveniles? What gun and cartridges were you using? I had a great time the other Saturday using 28grm #8

awsome cartridge 28 7 & 8's........:good:

Just now, getthegat said:

Hey mate .i was using my mossy 20b hushpower .

And i swapped from my usual 32 grm no6 .to a 32 grm no 5  

As the wind was blowing hard .i just found that the gambore black gold no5.Just hit where i thought it would and killed the birds very convincingly .

Gonna have to get some more bg. As im nearly out .

Dog picked em all .

35 minutes ago, ditchman said:

awsome cartridge 28 7 & 8's........:good:

The last four slabs of cartridges I have used have been 28gm , 7 1/2 Gamebore Velocity , they are as good as any shell I have used over decoys ,except maybe not up to the mark of Clear Pigeon but at over £20 a slab cheaper than c / p I can live with that paying only £45 a slab .

6 minutes ago, marsh man said:

The last four slabs of cartridges I have used have been 28gm , 7 1/2 Gamebore Velocity , they are as good as any shell I have used over decoys ,except maybe not up to the mark of Clear Pigeon but at over £20 a slab cheaper than c / p I can live with that paying only £45 a slab .

they are  good shell the gamebore velocity in 7 1/2 and 6s used quite a lot of both in the past 

18 hours ago, yickdaz said:

they are  good shell the gamebore velocity in 7 1/2 and 6s used quite a lot of both in the past 

I know they will do the business if you are pointing the gun straight , I no longer think what is in the chambers when I pull the trigger as I know the cartridge is good enough but its not always the case with me pointing the gun in the right direction 

18 hours ago, getthegat said:

£45! That is good money. At one time I would have said anything over a #6 was too small a pellet size, too light and would not kill so far. WRONG. They do work and efficiently.

Yea , our gun shop sell them for £180 a thousand and if you only wanted a slab they are £45 , I believe Eley Select they sell are around the same price .

I have shot some very good pigeons with 7 1/2 shot , over decoys they are deadly and any pigeons within a decent range they are more than capable in sorting them out . 

We're back to that old problem of over thinking it. "Is that bird too far for this cartridge" I wish I'd bought 32grm #5s" "I should have put the 1/2 choke in or bought the model with longer barrel" So much info available to us now. Like you said, just point and shoot, forget what's in the chamber. Good shout marsh man.