yickdaz

last few weekends

thought I would stick them all in one post, last sun on stubble we had 56 and a crow set up in the middle of the field no cover to set up at  few hrs  

second pic was yesterday after the heavy rain birds were feeding in the rain so a lot had fed and didn't want to decoy only set up at 3pm as soon as it stopped  short session of 2 1/2 hrs they stopped coming at 5.30 PM picked 60 

third pic was from today place same field  as yesterday same hide  postion, not very often a field will shoot 2 days running but the flightlines were that strong and coming from way off they were undisturbed from yesterdays short session I got set up at 12.30pm before they had chance to feed and it paid  off finished shooting at 5pm and   picked 100 exactly I got down to my last 30 carts and had a count up I had 73 so set myself a challenge I would need 27 birds for 30 carts to make 100 I thought I wouldn't do it to be honest but I concentrated and got my head down and in the end I did only missed 2 and hit another don't think I will do that again in a hurry

174358082_IMG_20180902_181357(600x800).jpg.1c40e35900fb50ea85e10dc044c45c85.jpg457436849_IMG_20180908_175920(800x600).jpg.026afdc9ef638ff82df11527f212f7ba.jpg1169699512_IMG_20180909_165320(600x800).jpg.ece43de4c0647fbafcf4d58ba45835fb.jpg

1 minute ago, 7daysinaweek said:

fantastic result that YD

And what a finish, a bird for virtually every cartridge, all power to you.

Enjoyed the read.

atb

7diaw

I was selective with the shots though had loads flighting over me at 40 50 yards  just to my right and left which I love to take on but played the percentage game and only took decoyed birds shot a few passing over  as well 

Well done Daz, putting yourself under pressure  to make the ton, I personally find that if you watch the bird come and tell yourself not to miss it you do. The best method is wait and move, mount and shoot . Well done again , I've only another week of Greece and then the drive back looking for pigeons in Europe.

I think I was  1 box  short  to Be honest I was never going to shoot a lot more the flight had died down a lot so I would of had maybe another 20  but I don't care 

decoying in the middle of a field doe's work , as you can see, it didn't scare the pigeons , I wonder how many good days have gone to waste through not doing this, well done.