SKB Semi Auto owners Manual

Robertt

Check out Ithaca recoil semi autos as SKB made these as XL 300 and XL 900 for the Ithaca Gun Company. They also made gas operated S/A's under the same designation. You may also find that SKB made S/A's for BSA among others. 

SKB are a Japanese company who make fine shotguns, I have 2 single trigger SxS's that are excellent guns. Ithaca SKB's are some of the guns I am actively seeking for my collection

Edit......There is actually an Ithaca 900 recoil action takedown video on YouTube which I am sure will be what you need 

Edited by impala59

Followed the supplied links above and found Schematic for XL300 which seems to be the same, which is just what I needed.

EDIT - Actually its an Ithaca 900 schematic which refers to the SKB in question.

Thanks everyone for your assistance. 😀

Edited by Robertt

Nice clean gun with a chrome barrel in 3/4 choke and 28" barrels.

After owner was offered nothing from the gunsmith, my mate bought it for £50.

Bargain. 

The main reason he wanted a manual was he had an issue with light loads.

Whilst searching for the manual I have seen loads of SKB threads on th' net and have found answer, which is reverse a piston ring as per the Franchi and an A5.

Simples.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
On 10/09/2018 at 09:14, Robertt said:

A friend has acquired a SKB Recoil operated Semi Auto without an owners manual.

Its early 70's and looks extremely like a Franci 48.

A Manual would be nice but a photostat copy would suffice.

Ta.

The only recoil operated SKB semi auto I am aware of was pretty much a copy of the original Browning Auto-5.  The manual for one of those should be pretty close on most things I imagine. Helpful when setting up the barrel bush friction rings etc (as in, the correct assembly for light and heavy loads etc).