free priest.

mel b3

hiya guys ,

after seeing the simple wooden priests that sold the other day(and liking them a lot) , i decided id look at making priests as one of our product lines(if viable) . ive made one as simply as possible , mainly because i like its simplicity .   its made from oak , and has a leather lanyard ,  its un weighted as its more than heavy enough.

as i said , the priest is free , BUT , id like it to go to someone that will use it, and send feedback asap. drop me a pm if its of interest , and your willing and able to keep me up to speed with its progress .

cheers guys.

20180910_184809_1.jpg

20180910_184819_1.jpg

20180910_184829_1.jpg

20180910_184842_1.jpg

20180910_184850_1.jpg

20180910_184922_1.jpg

Hi Mel3b, a generous offer, I like that you included some bark too.

Functionality and form, a perfect combination...however I am a minimalist when it comes to shooting and paraphernalia, personally I would use the old right handed twirl for a pidg. or pheas.  but I'm just an old curmudgeon.

Sometimes when shooting I feel like a bit of a christmas tree so I ruthlessly cull and trim unneeded kit, (nothing personal.😉)

Keep on doin the creative stuff it's good for the soul and there is always someone who will appreciate it.

👍

19 minutes ago, moor man said:

Hi Mel3b, a generous offer, I like that you included some bark too.

Functionality and form, a perfect combination...however I am a minimalist when it comes to shooting and paraphernalia, personally I would use the old right handed twirl for a pidg. or pheas.  but I'm just an old curmudgeon.

Sometimes when shooting I feel like a bit of a christmas tree so I ruthlessly cull and trim unneeded kit, (nothing personal.😉)

Keep on doin the creative stuff it's good for the soul and there is always someone who will appreciate it.

👍

strangely enough , i never use one myself , all i ever use is my hands. i really enjoyed making it , as its my kind of woodworking , no tape measures , just do everything until it looks ok and feels right . im hoping to make a few more in the near future.

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello mel, some weeks ago i saw a chap turning some wood on an old foot peddle lathe, a good addition to your days in the wood ??????

When we first bought the woodland,  this was the relaxing type of thing that I had in mind, but ,in reality, the woodland is like having another job , their always seems to be something that needs doing , and it's usually hard work lol , I'm very fortunate to have a mate that enjoys the woods as much as I do , he's always happy to pop up and get stuck into the graft.

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello mel, some weeks ago i saw a chap turning some wood on an old foot peddle lathe, a good addition to your days in the wood ??????

I can heartily recommend them, I used one today at work. 130 years old and still going strong. The lathe not me. 

15 hours ago, moor man said:

I am a minimalist when it comes to shooting and paraphernalia, personally I would use the old right handed twirl for a pidg. or pheas.  but I'm just an old curmudgeon.

The times over the years I have seen someone give a Pheasant an enthusiastic "right-handed twirl" only to see the bird land some feet away with the 'twirler' holding its head! Always cheers me up.