Home made sloe gin

deny essex

Easiest thing in the world to make. Just find sloes, add to a decent gin and sweeten with sugar boiled in water. i add a spoon of black treacle and a stick of cinnamon. Turns out amazing (we’ll it has for the last couple of years!). 

Use a kilner bottle with the flip lock lids like you used to get on grolsch bottles. 

11 minutes ago, deny essex said:

I cant get on with making wild brews or even cooking, nuts and bolts, making kit, a little electrics and Dippas are more my mark. 😉

I make the sloe gin and vodka and whisky

Everyone that's tried them prefer the sloe whisky including myself and it's not hard to make

Even peole who do'nt like whisky, drink this sloe whisky

7 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Even easier method - Lidl should soon have their Sloe Gin in stock - last year it was £7 ish a bottle and is pretty good, but add a little sugar and Almond (not sure if it's Oil or Essence) and it's pure Nectar. Bought 10 Bottles last Christmas and needed more by the end of March :drinks:.

Blimey! You're developing a habit.

1 hour ago, did i miss said:

Sable 25  can you  tell us more about the way you make the sloe whisky thanks

Much the same as sloe gin  But i have developed my own technic for making sloe gin / whisky / vodka

Start with nice ripe sloes and a medium priced whisky  Not an expensive single malt

Slash the sloe skins with a small sharp knife

Basicaly i use litre bottles   Fill with sloes to 1/3 up the bottle   then pour in sugar so it runs through the sloes till it just covers them ( i find this the right recipe

Add whisky and shake well and place near or in warm place with bottles on their side

Shake and turn bottles each day for a few days then periodicaly turn bottles ( like champayne ) this allows the spirit to get more access to the sloes instead of them sitting in the bottom of the bottle

After two / three month drain off through a fine guaze clothe  sample then  add a little  more sugar and shake and back next to warm place so all gets dissolved

You end up with a rich red colour liquer  and once tried  you'll not bother with the sloe gin again

I've converted none whisky drinkers who always look for seconds  and great if your coming down with cold or flu

My mate makes it now after showing him and his none drinking wife always seems to be getting a cold :lol:

• 2 weeks later...