sugar beet

ditchman

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

THIS IS A SUGAR BEET THREAD ,.....NOT....A POTATOE THREAD..............please keep to the topic, or i will be forced to close this thread

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED  (and not for the first time either)..:big_boss:

Well back to the original topic fellow county man , when do the beet factory open for this years campaign ?

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Quite right, nought wrong with a bit scrumping ! have you got blackberries and field mushrooms down there yet..?  whos this new mod seems a bit rude [think ill put him on ignore] 

Iv'e got to be a bit careful what I say islandgun, as I am pointless at the moment , just slightly better than Norwich F C.

Yes we have got Blackberries , but they are not that good due to the hot and dry conditions , I have seen a few field Mushrooms that look in good condition and then the next ones you see have got small holes in the top which indicate they might have maggots in them .

50 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Well back to the original topic fellow county man , when do the beet factory open for this years campaign ?

Iv'e got to be a bit careful what I say islandgun, as I am pointless at the moment , just slightly better than Norwich F C.

Yes we have got Blackberries , but they are not that good due to the hot and dry conditions , I have seen a few field Mushrooms that look in good condition and then the next ones you see have got small holes in the top which indicate they might have maggots in them .

Pointless ! well that weird new moderator gave me two which was kind, but your welcome to them if it helps

Dumb question of the day; what does sugar beet look like? I have a field of globes near me, they are light green in colour, about the size of a parsnip, tastes like a sweet beetroot and has similar ring pattern when cut open. Tops are a little like spinach. Hoping it may attract birds when the frost and snow hits us. I guess it's a cover crop and if it is sugar beet, there are no drop points anywhere near for the crop to be taken to.