Prime Minister - Is it time to go?

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

May has a team in the background desperately trying to make her appear strong and effective but like a lot of bullies she doesn't realise that being an overbearing loud-mouthed authoritarian doesn't make her a good decision maker or a good leader or a resolute negotiator.

I believe that's why she's failing to deliver the Brexit that the people want and also why she failed to achieve anything worthwhile as Home Secretary. Typical of her time as HS was the pathetic attempt to regain control of the Police and stop them acting arbitrarily and making up their versions of the law, but as soon as the Chief Officers started to kick off she gave way, so that now the police operate virtually independently because Parliament has almost no control over them. And now Brexit has gone the same way. Chequers is typical of May's feeble willingness to get any sort of deal done rather than fight for what the people want and for what's right. We now have to face the prospect of losing most of the "advantages" of EU membership whilst retaining most of the disadvantages and all so that May can preen herself as a great leader.

I think as a staunch remainer, she and her supporters never intended to deliver brexit, just look at the back stabbing that went on after Cameron left, the party insured they could insert someone who would do their bidding and therefore continue the status quo, I also believe May is in cohorts with the EU and the cheques "deal" was a stitch up between her and the EU, it was then rolled out and the plan was to make it look like she had to fight to get the EU to accept it so the UK would think she'd negotiated a tough deal, when in reality it would have been the EUs plan all along, luckily anyone who isn't a remainiac hasn't fallen for it, with even people who voted remain unhappy with the "deal" and yet she's still trying to push it through.

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think as a staunch remainer, she and her supporters never intended to deliver brexit, just look at the back stabbing that went on after Cameron left, the party insured they could insert someone who would do their bidding and therefore continue the status quo, I also believe May is in cohorts with the EU and the cheques "deal" was a stitch up between her and the EU, it was then rolled out and the plan was to make it look like she had to fight to get the EU to accept it so the UK would think she'd negotiated a tough deal, when in reality it would have been the EUs plan all along, luckily anyone who isn't a remainiac hasn't fallen for it, with even people who voted remain unhappy with the "deal" and yet she's still trying to push it through.

When Cameron fell on his sword and demonstrated that he didn't have a clue as to what the ordinary person wanted there was nobody other than TM to pick up the pieces. Initially she seemed to do quite well, but has been failing for a long time now.

As to who could replace her, I would not allow Boris to walk a neighbours dog!

Jacob Rees-Mogg might have the wherewithal to take it on, the doesn't seem to be anybody else out there.

May got the job by default because Boris wasn't ready to go for it at the time and now he's far too unpopular. Jacob has the right mettle for the top job but h'e's repeatedly said he doesn't want it so once again the Tories have the age old problem of no stand out candidate.

It's always the same and it applies with all the parties, everyone wants a say in everything but no one who's any good wants their life destroyed by being PM.

She should go now......what ever her achievement record, or lack of it, is, unfortunately she does not come across as a leader and cannot get the support of senior influencial supporters.

Brexit has been a farce. There was a democratic vote to come out of the EU. We should have officially notified the EU of that decision and told them that if they wanted to deal with us afterwards, then it is up to them to approach us.

I initially liked Cameron but he showed his true colours when he didnt get what he wanted and resigned....he forgot that his job, paid by the electorate, was to manage and carry out the democratic instructions of the electorate. His resignation was a betrayal of trust of those who elected him and the Party that he represented, leaving us with an unelected PM, who was handed a poisoned chalice.

Rees Mogg is the man.

15 minutes ago, **** said:

Rees Mogg is the man.

Mogg might well be the man for the job, but...Does he want the job ?
And does he have enough support within the party to be voted in to the job ?

I personally think he would make an excellent prime minister.
But not everyone thinks that way.

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Mogg might well be the man for the job, but...Does he want the job ?
And does he have enough support within the party to be voted in to the job ?

I personally think he would make an excellent prime minister.
But not everyone thinks that way.

hello, would certainly be better than bumbling Boris and the rest of his cohorts:lol:

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Yes, Jacob Rees Mogg would be ideal in my opinion.

But which one do you want?

This Jacob Rees Mogg from two months ago? https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jacob-rees-mogg-economy-brexit_uk_5b54e3b5e4b0de86f48e3566..who said that it would take.maybe 50 years before tangible benefit accrued

Or this Jacob Rees Mogg -(in the picture below listening to his guru, the widely-respected economist Minford) who now, with no new economic data or deal, is  asserting that the country will be a trillion richer in 15 years.  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/10/jacob-rees-mogg-no-deal-brexit-will-boost-uk-economy-11-trillion/

It's not possible to have both.

000a EFT-012 Brexit.jpg

hello, it makes me weep to think our vote to leave the EU in 2019 might turn into the biggest farce ever that our goverment cannot stand up to the EU negotiaters and say payments to the Brussels gravy train will cease with no big pay off and if these countries do not wish to continue trading, remember who buys more goods from YOU, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

This Jacob Rees Mogg from two months ago? https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jacob-rees-mogg-economy-brexit_uk_5b54e3b5e4b0de86f48e3566..who said that it would take.maybe 50 years before tangible benefit accrued

Or this Jacob Rees Mogg -(in the picture below listening to his guru, the widely-respected economist Minford) who now, with no new economic data or deal, is  asserting that the country will be a trillion richer in 15 years.  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/10/jacob-rees-mogg-no-deal-brexit-will-boost-uk-economy-11-trillion/

000a EFT-012 Brexit.jpg

Why would you use the huff post to try to prove a point ?

He never said any such thing , read the actual transcript.

Would, and could, are two completely different things.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Watching TM at Prime Ministers Question Time and she is working very well, poor old JC hasn't scored a single point!

she is good at "talking the talk"...........but useless at "walking the walk"......

what we need is a prime minister with a healthy mandate....sort of a cross between Mother Terasa and Hitler...........:lol:

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Why would you use the huff post to try to prove a point ?

His words were widely reported in dozens of news outlets. That was just the first one I clicked on. And sure, I've read what he said. He said the benefits of Brexit would be unquantifiable for 50 years. Not much more than a month later he's talking about the country being a trillion better off in 15. So which is it? It's OK, I don't expect you to answer really because JRM hasn't the foggiest himself. He just says whatever comes in to his head at the time. On the other hand, there is a slew of world class, highly respected economists and institutions (on the phone so not easy to link but I'll try later) who have  properly peer-reviewed studies and models that show JRM and his one-trick pony Mistord or whatever his name is are simply pulling figured from thin air to try and support the economically and factually unsupportable. Fine, if you think any falsehood is justifiable to exit Europe, but let's not pretend that we believe these people. It's too degrading for words.

Edited by Retsdon

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

000a EFT-012 Brexit.jpg

Simple, I want the one who is going to deliver brexit as voted for.

3 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

His words were widely reported in dozens of news outlets. That was just the first one I clicked on. And sure, I've read what he said. He said the benefits of Brexit would be unquantifiable for 50 years. Not much more than a month later he'd saying the country will be a trillion better off in 15. So which is it? It's OK, I don't expect you to answer really because JRM hasn't the foggiest himself. He just says whatever comes in to his head at the time. On the other hand, there is a slew of world class, highly respected economists and institutions (on the phone so not easy to link but I'll try later) who have  properly peer-reviewed studies and models that show JRM and his one-trick pony Mistord or whatever his name is are simply pulling figured from thin air to try and support the economically and factually unsupportable. Fine, if you think any falsehood is justifiable to exit Europe, but let's not pretend that we believe these people. It's too degrading for words.

No, youve misquoted it again !
Read the Huff post article again, or even one of the 'dozens' of news outlets.
Never mind Ill do it for you 
"A leading Brexiteer has suggested it could take 50 years to judge whether Brexit has been an economic success amid fears quitting the European Union will lead to a downturn."

Thats from the Huff post , a pro remain, left wing , BS news outlet.

So hes said we could be a trillion better off in 15 years time ?
So what ?
Plenty of 'experts' said a lot of bad things about Brexit and its effects, Im not even going to go over that old ground again.

How do you know we wont be 2 trillion better off ?
No one can quantify something so far ahead any way, we could have a world wide recession the likes of which have never been seen next year, or we could become an independent European powerhouse in 5 years time.
We ARE going to find out, so get your head out that desert sand.

13 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

His words were widely reported in dozens of news outlets. That was just the first one I clicked on. And sure, I've read what he said. He said the benefits of Brexit would be unquantifiable for 50 years. Not much more than a month later he's talking about the country being a trillion better off in 15. So which is it? It's OK, I don't expect you to answer really because JRM hasn't the foggiest himself. He just says whatever comes in to his head at the time. On the other hand, there is a slew of world class, highly respected economists and institutions (on the phone so not easy to link but I'll try later) who have  properly peer-reviewed studies and models that show JRM and his one-trick pony Mistord or whatever his name is are simply pulling figured from thin air to try and support the economically and factually unsupportable. Fine, if you think any falsehood is justifiable to exit Europe, but let's not pretend that we believe these people. It's too degrading for words.

Are these the same world class economists who predicted the end of the world of brexit was voted for, or the same ones who said we'd be in trouble if we didn't adopt the Euro, or the same one who failed to see the financial crash of 2007?