Australia's Herald Sun Cartoon Controversy

TIGHTCHOKE

Absolutely amazing the furore about the hilarious cartoon of Serena Williams having her little tantrum a few days ago.

Here is a link to the article in the Independent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/serena-williams-cartoon-herald-sun-mark-knight-backlash-racist-drawing-a8533181.html

If the cartoon depicted a white male player it would be regarded as simply comical and certainly not as anything sinister. However, when it comes to jokes or cartoons depicting (a) black people, (b) women or (c) Moslems then you'd better get the tin helmets out for (a) and (b) and leave the country in the case of (c).

Sad isn't it?

Stupid and spoiled She still got $1.4m for half a days work.  

All bling and no class.  

What got me was the venom in what she was saying.  Yes others have had rants but in the your having a laugh , your kidding me and your stupid way. But not liar and thief.

Using a child like she did to justify her innocence (which even her coach admitted that he was giving instruction form the stands) was unbelievable. 

Somebody close to her needs to grow a pair and although it might mean them falling off her gravey train and tell her some home truths. 

Just more PC BS by "activists"  pursuing an agenda! She showed an unacceptable, insulting, aggressive arrogance that the umpire penalised her for....she got all indignant and  "precious" didn't like it, and went off on one........then tried to shift the blame for her conduct off herself, there was no sign of inequitable treatment, racism or misogynistic intent, the umpire was just exercising his authority and enforcing the rules!...she should be banned from competition until she publicly apologises to him!

6 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Just more PC BS by "activists"  pursuing an agenda! She showed an unacceptable, insulting, aggressive arrogance that the umpire penalised her for....she got all indignant and  "precious" didn't like it, and went off on one........then tried to shift the blame for her conduct off herself, there was no sign of inequitable treatment, racism or misogynistic intent, the umpire was just exercising his authority and enforcing the rules!...she should be banned from competition until she publicly apologises to him!

Precious.. exactly.

Just reading up on Male outburst. The only occation I can see where the player called the upmire corrupt was dealt with in a similar way and resulted in a 2 major championship ban. 

$17,000 fine should have been $170,000

Classic guilt transference attempt when someone knows that they are in the wrong and are being too childish to accept responsibility and simply apologise.

Not sure if it is tragic, laughable or sickening so I think that laughable must win as I would hate to think this would spoil anyone's day.

Great cartoon, I must simply be too insensitive to see any race angle within it.