oowee

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Scully said:

And round and round we go......if you care, then do something about it. Seriously, do something about it. Even a letter to the PM or whom ever, ,telling her that you know what she’s up to would be a start. Anyone? 

Are we afraid we’ll end up a suicide statistic like Dr Kelly, or do we simply not care enough? 

Missed that first time round. I like it!

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

And there you go; got it in one. You don’t care anymore than anyone else.

Ill admit it was interesting for a while, but it grows tedious when it goes round and round and round and round with a couple berating and ridiculing others.....for what? Being sheeple? For their lack of action? Their indifference? And then to cap it all it transpires the belittles are as much sheeple as the rest of us because they can’t be bothered to do anything about it; you’re just toeing the line like everyone else. No one is rocking any boats worth mentioning. 

Never inferred anything else different did I ?

Sheeple ? I would never accuse anyone of being such, I dont use the term 'woke' either, I find it derogatory .
Do I have a sceptical mind- Yes, but Im also very easy going and laid back.
One thing I never do , is try and ram my ideas down peoples throats.
Listen, or dont, its up to you, its just a different viewpoint .

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just to throw another spanner in to the works;

What if the two "Herberts" caught on CCTV really were just going about their lawful business and another pair of properly trained secret squirrels were poisoning the people of Salisbury without being seen at all?

Now thats much more plausible, and maybe not spray his door handle in broad noon daylight too.
Night time is when the real spooks operate (allegedly) 😂

Well, we have reached the point where everyone can at least agree that no one really cares to the extent of actually doing anything from writing a stamped addressed letter to an MP or quitting their job and joining the peace core.

As Scully has alluded, the thing about slacktisvism is that the participating slacktivist often adopts some pseudo intellectual high ground (from apparently "knowing more" by idling more hours on YouTube and David Ike's website) or some pseudo moral high ground (from battling for democracy and human rights from the comfort of their arm chair).

Brass tacks, we get up, we worry/think about ourselves, our families, our jobs, the mortgage, the credit card bill, how much petrol is left in the car, when the bins go out [etc] and that's about it. As has been mentioned on here before, "worrying" about Russia or the Middle East, or ranting on here and Facebook does absolutely nothing. Nadda. Sign a petition? Sign 10 petitions; beyond pointless. Berate others for not agreeing with you or joining in with you = hilarious.

23 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Well, we have reached the point where everyone can at least agree that no one really cares to the extent of actually doing anything from writing a stamped addressed letter to an MP or quitting their job and joining the peace core.

As Scully has alluded, the thing about slacktisvism is that the participating slacktivist often adopts some pseudo intellectual high ground (from apparently "knowing more" by idling more hours on YouTube and David Ike's website) or some pseudo moral high ground (from battling for democracy and human rights from the comfort of their arm chair).

Brass tacks, we get up, we worry/think about ourselves, our families, our jobs, the mortgage, the credit card bill, how much petrol is left in the car, when the bins go out [etc] and that's about it. As has been mentioned on here before, "worrying" about Russia or the Middle East, or ranting on here and Facebook does absolutely nothing. Nadda. Sign a petition? Sign 10 petitions; beyond pointless. Berate others for not agreeing with you or joining in with you = hilarious.

Im not sure the world has reached the point that you and Scully have decided for it. you are not aware of any actions Hamster may or may not have taken to back up his own feelings. the reason for a forum is that others that have alternate views to your own are able to voice them without derision...and that goes for all participants.... you all talk of sheeple but the one or two voices on here that do stand out as individuals happen to disagree with you.  before you ask, no i havnt written to the PM regarding a plot by our government because quite frankly i find it slightly ludicrous....I have always found that the weak follow bullies...:)

21 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Yes, you wouldnt want to be doing that now would you 😂

Alas, I am no slacktivist and I am not on a crusade (and I use that word cautiously in case it sparks off again) and so no, I am not asking anyone to join in with me or even share my views - because (by being a realist and true to myself) I understand that I really don't care what happens in Russia, the Middle East or the Moon. I focus on what is real and in front of me day to day, and I maintain that that is what 99% of the population does albeit of that 99% a good number will gob off on Facebook, forward a video or two or sign an on-line petition if only to convince themselves that they are better, more informed person and (falsely) doing something about it all.

Do I really have to take on board without derision the views of people who I really do believe to be a bit bonkers? Why? That would be a complete façade.

1 minute ago, Mungler said:

Alas, I am no slacktivist and I am not on a crusade (and I use that word cautiously in case it sparks off again) and so no, I am not asking anyone to join in with me or even share my views - because (by being a realist and true to myself) I understand that I really don't care what happens in Russia, the Middle East or the Moon. I focus on what is real and in front of me day to day, and I maintain that that is what 99% of the population does albeit of that 99% a good number will gob off on Facebook, forward a video or two or sign an on-line petition if only to convince themselves that they are better, more informed person and (falsely) doing something about it all.

Do I really have to take on board without derision the views of people who I really do believe to be a bit bonkers? Why? That would be a complete façade.

No one is forcing you to do anything.

You say you are no slacktivist, yet here you are, berating others for their view on an online forum ?
A bit like 'that good number of people who gob off on Facebook'

But  'youre not asking anyone to join in with me or share my views ' 
Are you confused about why you are here ?

If you dont like the subject, stop posting, and I was always told , if you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing.
Have a nice day 🙂

Transcript of the RT interview

https://www.rt.com/news/438356-rt-petrov-boshirov-full-interview/

And videos

https://www.rt.com/news/438350-petrov-boshirov-interview-simonyan/

11 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

All is now clear ...

Two strapping Russian blokes on a sightseeing trip to the Cathedral.

Train times meant they could only admire it's fame and beauty for less than an hour.*

:hmm:

I have got to say their story sounds like a big steaming pile of..
However the strangeness of the interview is what really stands out for me, they are obviously lying about something, but why would they do the interview if it has even a shadow of incriminating them further ?
And I thought their names were fake ?
Whether they are indeed GRU assassins or innocent people caught up in a sting, you would think the Russian authorities would have 'handled' it better.
Unless there is another explanation ? Are they rogue ?

*The train times in and out of Salisbury are indeed supposed to be a nightmare.

Also 2 men bought up in Siberia , worried about getting 'wet , in a bit of British snow' Really ?

45 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Im not sure the world has reached the point that you and Scully have decided for it. you are not aware of any actions Hamster may or may not have taken to back up his own feelings. the reason for a forum is that others that have alternate views to your own are able to voice them without derision...and that goes for all participants.... you all talk of sheeple but the one or two voices on here that do stand out as individuals happen to disagree with you.  before you ask, no i havnt written to the PM regarding a plot by our government because quite frankly i find it slightly ludicrous....I have always found that the weak follow bullies...

Are you sure of that first sentence? News footage of a toddlers dead body gently rocking face down in the ebb and flow of a tide. What did you do? Nothing. What did I do? Personally I shook my head in anger and despair that we still allow things like this to go on, slagged off politicians in general and then probably listened more intently to the weather forecast as I was working outside the following day. In other words, nothing.

Another news reel footage of yet another toddler, this time in the back of an ambulance and hardly recognisable as it’s covered in a thick coating of bomb blast dust, the only areas which aren’t are those that are covered in blood, and it’s eyes, wide and bewildered. What did you do? Nothing. What did I do? Personally I probably did a repeat of the above. Again, nothing. 

Saudi based extremists blow up the twin towers and the West launches an attack on any country but that. What did you do? Nothing.  I probably did more of the same, and do you know what.....I’d bet money Hamster did nothing too; despite all his claimed so called superior insight and enlightenment compared to the rest of us; at the end of the day he did nothing. If he spent as much time giving those responsible a hard time as he does us for being sheeple,  then I’d be truly impressed. This forum is the easy option. 

24 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

All is now clear ...

Train times meant they could only admire it's fame and beauty for less than an hour.

At last the truth has come out. I thought all along they looked like tourists. I love the line' Salisbury a wonderful town?' 

Just now, oowee said:

At last the truth has come out. I thought all along they looked like tourists. I love the line' Salisbury a wonderful town?' 

Salisbury IS a wonderful town, its a tourist mecca for people from all corners of the globe, I go all the time for weekends away, because theres so much to see and do in its environs.
The RT interviewer who I suspect most will think works for Putin directly, asked 'Salisbury ?' as if it was just a bog standard English town.
Its not , it drags in lots of tourists all year round for yes, the cathedral, Stonehenge, Sarum, and a multitude of other neolithic monuments.

Whatever you think of the 2 mens story, Salisbury is a very popular place to visit for any nationality.

Having watched some of the RT interview it was interesting to see one of the "suspects" stating that Salisbury cathedral had a wonderful Spire and one of the oldest clocks still working.

They are Horologists not killers!:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Salisbury IS a wonderful town, its a tourist mecca for people from all corners of the globe, I go all the time for weekends away, because theres so much to see and do in its environs.
The RT interviewer who I suspect most will think works for Putin directly, asked 'Salisbury ?' as if it was just a bog standard English town.
Its not , it drags in lots of tourists all year round for yes, the cathedral, Stonehenge, Sarum, and a multitude of other neolithic monuments.

Whatever you think of the 2 mens story, Salisbury is a very popular place to visit for any nationality.

As long as you wear disposable gloves!

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Having watched some of the RT interview it was interesting to see one of the "suspects" stating that Salisbury cathedral had a wonderful Spire and one of the oldest clocks still working.

They are Horologists not killers!:rolleyes:

This is one of the bits that made me think they are lying, that information comes straight out of a 'factual' description.
Ive been to that cathedral 10 times and I couldnt have told you how tall it was, yes it has the oldest clock in the corner somewhere, but its hardly the star attraction.

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

As long as you wear disposable gloves!

Locals dont need them , having Porton up the road , they are immune 🤣

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

This is one of the bits that made me think they are lying, that information comes straight out of a 'factual' description.
Ive been to that cathedral 10 times and I couldnt have told you how tall it was, yes it has the oldest clock in the corner somewhere, but its hardly the star attraction.

Locals dont need them , having Porton up the road , they are immune 🤣

I wonder if this is involved?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salisbury_Cathedral

And yes having visited Porton Down in a professional capacity, I wouldn't be at all surprised!

I will admit to thinking the Russians had done it.

My wife drew my attention to those smashing Russian tourists giving an interview. Having seen the video, I am glad it has been cleared up. They are clearly not guilty of anything, merely being second rate tourists.

Perhaps now we can get on with looking for the real culprits.

Edited by Gordon R

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

All is now clear ...

Train times meant they could only admire it's fame and beauty for less than an hour.

Thats it really....... these students of church architecture that are moved enough to fly from Russia for a few stolen minutes of bliss,  who on earth would believe it ?

I'd be interested to see the photos they took of various aspects of Salisburys world famous cathedral! And wonder, as they are so interested in church architecture, if they have visited St Paul's, York minster, Worcester, Lichfield et al in the past?......assuming they have, I would be interested in seeing the photos they took of these too! 🙄

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

Something to take onboard; have a look at the timeline from the OP. Early doors it was a statement and then it all went pearshaped as the evening progressed and as people awoke and new news was unearthed a few arguments were sorted out and we settle in awaiting the video to be rolled out to the media.

We moved from scant info into Pimms/Gin o`clock, breakfast news and grumbling and back to being all chummy (as five o`clock rolls around again), sounds like plain old family life to me!

44 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Thats it really....... these students of church architecture that are moved enough to fly from Russia for a few stolen minutes of bliss,  who on earth would believe it ?

So fortunate to have cheap flights available to indulge their passion. I was surprised given the cost of the flights they made do with such a run down hotel. It is ranked 916 out of 1084 hotels in London by trip adviser so I guess there is something going for it. 

I wonder what next for the two who have had their lives so rudely turned upside down. 

27 minutes ago, oowee said:

So fortunate to have cheap flights available to indulge their passion. I was surprised given the cost of the flights they made do with such a run down hotel. It is ranked 916 out of 1084 hotels in London by trip adviser so I guess there is something going for it. 

I wonder what next for the two who have had their lives so rudely turned upside down. 

Indeed , its hardly the stuff of Ian Fleming novels is it ?
An elite assassination squad, carrying the chemical equivalent of a small nuke.
But cant stretch to a decent hotel ?
Must have maxed the GRU Mastercard out on vodka at the airport bar 😂