• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

They already have done ?
The now infamous RT interview, where they made themselves look stupid.

So why bother denying it, they should just have kept silent ?

If what the Russians really wanted was Skripal dead, why didnt they just shoot him in the head, at close range, or long range ?
Far less risk of collateral , more deniability if required..unless..
They wanted everyone to know it was them,  then shoot him in the head with a 7.62 x 54 or some other 'obviously' Russian calibre ?
The methodology of the 'attack ' makes no sense, the motive, based on what we know, makes no sense.

Im not casting doubt on this because I have a crush on Putin, or have any sort of affinity with Russia.
Its because to my cynical mind, it makes no sense.

Obviously Russian calibres can be obtained all over the world.....

To wilfully ignore all the evidence (wholesle) without any counter evidence other than ‘that’s what they want you to think’ is either moronic or delusional.

This is like arguing about the colour of orange juice - it’s there, it’s orange, it tastes of orange, it came from oranges and it says orange juice on the tin. It’s flipping well orange juice already!

There’s going to be more evidence to come which means more endless BS from the tinfoil hat wearing loons.

I can’t wait 😝

Comedy gold right here.

21 hours ago, Rewulf said:

So can novichok apparently.

They didn,t have any in stock at the corner shop when I enquired recently..............

19 hours ago, Mungler said:

To wilfully ignore all the evidence (wholesle) without any counter evidence other than ‘that’s what they want you to think’ is either moronic or delusional.

This is like arguing about the colour of orange juice - it’s there, it’s orange, it tastes of orange, it came from oranges and it says orange juice on the tin. It’s flipping well orange juice already!

There’s going to be more evidence to come which means more endless BS from the tinfoil hat wearing loons.

I can’t wait 😝

Comedy gold right here.

Better than most of the current crop of stand-up comedians!

16 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

In the latest update on this, Putin has denounced ex Russian spy Mr Skipral a scumbag, I'm really struggling to understand how anyone can now still claim the Russian state isn't behind this.

I missed that update. Where did you see it? 

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Quote "Just a spy, a traitor to his homeland, a scumbag" by Vladimir Putin.

Couldn't exactly say much else could he?

He did betray his country for money, sold out his colleagues ect.

Putin could hardly call him a jolly decent ,honest fella ?

There's no doubt the BBC is bias and left wing, but unless people are denying what the BBC have alleged he said, does that not show a motive, bearing in mind he was originally exchanged in a spy swap, so Putin has got his man back and also sent the message to anyone else thinking of defecting, he's sort of had his cake and eaten it.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

There's no doubt the BBC is bias and left wing, but unless people are denying what the BBC have alleged he said, does that not show a motive, bearing in mind he was originally exchanged in a spy swap, so Putin has got his man back and also sent the message to anyone else thinking of defecting, he's sort of had his cake and eaten it.

Not denying it at all , its not even the first time hes said it either.
But that means theres motive ?
Theres a couple of people I dont like, doesnt mean Im going to kill them.

He could have said that Skripal was OK ,and he was welcome back in Russia, like where his mother, daughter and the rest of his family live, he could have said he understood why he did it, as most of Skripals 'spying' wasnt really done on his watch.
And if he wants to pop over, they could have a vodka together like BFFs ?
But then you would know he  was  lying.

But hes not done that, hes said how he sees it, the truth in effect, and everyones got all excited about it.

The fact is, Skripal was a very low level asset for Western security services, talk about him dobbing in 300 'agents' abroad are totally unconfirmed and are quite possibly fantasy.
Skripals job, didnt give him that much access to high level operatives information.
The fact that he ,along with 3 others were swapped for 10 very low level sleepers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegals_Program#Anna_Chapman should tell you his value.

But the media would have you believe he was that important, and such a thorn in Vlads side , that he was willing to send high ranking Russian heroes to the UK, to wage chemical warfare on our streets?
When they could have used all kinds of other methods, including , but not limited to , using his family as leverage ?

And this is why , for me , it doesnt wash.
A state, known for its ruthlessness, cunning, and with virtually unlimited resources, an intelligence community with expendable assets at home and abroad, sets out on the most convoluted and complicated plan imaginable, with multiple pitfalls and risks of detection.
It makes no sense.
Unless there is something about Skripal we are not being told, there is little or no motive.
The efforts of British government and its agents to be as accusatory towards Russia from the get go, do on the other hand provide a motive for a stitch up.
Sorry to say that, because I dont want to believe that we would stoop to that level.

Interesting news coming out today (not just from UK) concerning Russia's military Intelegence (GRU is it?) engaging in worldwide cyber terrorism and the like! Hacking into various organisation worldwide!............including the world anti doping organisation (I wonder why!) and the Novichok investigation! (I also wonder why?)................Of course Putin and the Kremlin didn't know, let alone sanction this! Lol!

18 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Interesting news coming out today (not just from UK) concerning Russia's military Intelegence (GRU is it?) engaging in worldwide cyber terrorism and the like! Hacking into various organisation worldwide!............including the world anti doping organisation (I wonder why!) and the Novichok investigation! (I also wonder why?)................Of course Putin and the Kremlin didn't know, let alone sanction this! Lol!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45741520
Have you got a link to where it said they hacked into the novichock investigation ?
I thought Bellingcat was handling that now ? 😋

To be honest, they probably have done it, as do we , the Americans, Chinese ect ect.
If Im honest, the only thing that surprises me nowadays about cyber attacks on government and military networks, even banks, is how easy it seems to be for some geeky kid at home, or indeed some geek in a bunker ,to accomplish it successfully .
Firewalls, passwords, alarms , nothing seems too much for these self taught computer whizzkids does it :hmm:

26 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Have you got a link to where it said they hacked into the novichock investigation ?

To be honest, they probably have done it, as do we , the Americans, Chinese ect ect.
If Im honest, the only thing that surprises me nowadays about cyber attacks on government and military networks, even banks, is how easy it seems to be for some geeky kid at home, or indeed some geek in a bunker ,to accomplish it successfully .
Firewalls, passwords, alarms , nothing seems too much for these self taught computer whizzkids does it :hmm:

They didn't, four Russian men were caught red handed by the Dutch, parked outside the International Chemical Weapons Research Organisation building in The Hague (which was investigating the Salisbury Novichok attack) with electronic equipment, attempting to tap into the buildings Wifi!

The Dutch also seized papers and travel tickets discarded in their hotel room, and from their car,  a paper trail which linked them to known military intelegence/GRU buildings in Russia.......

Said Russians were expelled from the country.

3 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

They didn't, four Russian men were caught red handed by the Dutch, parked outside the International Chemical Weapons Research Organisation building in The Hague (which was investigating the Salisbury Novichok attack) with electronic equipment, attempting to tap into the buildings Wifi!

The Dutch also seized papers and travel tickets discarded in their hotel room, and from their car,  a paper trail which linked them to known military intelegence/GRU buildings in Russia.......

Said Russians were expelled from the country.

Seen that, its a rehash of a story posted last month https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/14/two-russian-spies-expelled-netherlands-novichok-lab-hack-plot/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/salisbury-attack-russia-spies-novichok-arrest-switzerland-lab-samples-test-a8537116.html

One story purports them on their way to Spiez lab in Switzerland, notice the previous stories say 2 spies, not 4, and it was in March ?

Irrelevant either way, what were they going to do ? Alter the findings of the OPCW ?

Or perhaps find out what the OPCW had found, and what it was going to put in its report ?

Whatever the outcome of the mission, it failed, and they are now using (reusing)  the story as further ammunition to show how complicit and underhand the Russkies are.

You could look at it this way, If Russia did do it, what would the point of that operation be ?
The west has already accused you of doing it , and the OPCW isnt going to contradict them, why on earth would they ?

But if you hadnt done it, maybe there is something in the lab files that could clear you ?
Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

I completely agree, the west behaves no better, however, the amount of evidence against Russian with the skripals poisoning is overwhelming.