All the rape has been drilled

Harnser

All our rape was put in around three weeks ago and looks like it is off to a good start , as you say it look strange with last years rape seed now germinated and looking strong and healthy , to add to that we have got a lot of barley stubble fields that have been diced and planted with Radish fodder which also look like rape at the early stage of growth , so a large area looks like it is covered in next years rape .

Excuse my ignorance, but does freshly seeded rape atract the grey hordes, especially when just sprouting? My landlord farmer for my workshop said he has some at this stage at the moment. I need to investigate the rest of his land. Hoping for one last 2 or 3 hour shoot over the cultivated bean field tomorrow morning and a few miles away on another little perm, they are about to harvest the maize, at least within the coming week.

Edited by getthegat
Change spelling

29 minutes ago, getthegat said:

Excuse my ignorance, but does freshly seeded rape atract the grey hordes, especially when just sprouting? My landlord farmer for my workshop said he has some at this stage at the moment. I need to investigate the rest of his land. Hoping for one last 2 or 3 hour shoot over the cultivated bean field tomorrow morning and a few miles away on another little perm, they are about to harvest the maize, at least within the coming week.

With all the food available on the old grain stubble's , Bean stubble , acorns , beech mast and now they cutting or about to cut the maize it is very unlikely that pigeons will start eating the rape as early as this , in fact if the above food was about for the next few months I think they would give the rape a miss as long as they find something else to eat , as I am led to believe , a pigeon will only eat rape if nothing else is on the menu .