Another new gun?

getthegat

If I could mention specific gunshops, I would have to big up a couple and their staff for great friendly fast service.

I've just done some gun shuffling; sold my moderated 20 gauge ( good luck Scotttomo), disposed of a Cooey single barrel 12 bore, swapped a SxS AYA 12 bore for 2 slabs of cartridges and bought a Franchi Raptor 20 bore semi auto. Cryptic clue's; the eastern guys were very sporting here in Essex and in Bedfordshire the targets were also very sporting. Thanks to them the RFD process was flawless and the swap of the AYA for the cartridges was very generous.

Had a quick couple of pattern tests and a few minutes around the field with the new Raptor. Got one pigeon at a good range and was surprised at how tight the pattern was at 30 yards. Need to decide on a choke for main use now.

Happy proud owner of 3 Franchi now.

Got one of the clues. I go to Eastern Sporting in Great Baddow when visiting my daughter in Rayleigh and get my 20g RC Sipes there. I've also found them a friendly and helpful bunch.

Have you tried their state of the art shooting simulator ?

OB

21 hours ago, getthegat said:

No, didn't know they had a simulator. Wasn't aware I could put proper shop names. Obviously I was wrong.

Oops, maybe I've just got myself 2 points from the Mods, although I would have thought that if good service is received from a gunshop, they should be praised.

OB

28 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

The person you refer to guards his reputation jealously and will take legal action at the drop of a hat. Hence, his name is scrubbed out on this forum.

My oh my, I did wonder why you only see his initials referred to on this forum. 

OB

12 hours ago, figgy said:

Since when were you not allowed to mention a shop or grounds name on here?

especially when you have had good service. 

There is no restriction on passing on recommendations for gun shops.

what we can't allow is people complaining, dragging shops through the mud as we ever only get one side of the story and they very rarely get a right of reply.

The gent in question who guards his reputation is very protective and will take legal action at the drop of a hat so we decided the best and safest option was to add his name to the banned list as this gives us the best protection against further action.

I hope this clears a few things up.

:shaun:

Totally understand. I run a small classic car business and the social media freaks the life out of me, like you say, so easy to hear just one side of a story. 

So in that case, many thanks for the excellent service and friendly helpful staff at Eastern Sporting here in Essex and Sporting Targets in Bedfordshire.

What I liked was that to them it did not matter that I was not spending big bucks with them. Very professional. Great friendly service.