Powder measures

Guest cookoff013

Accuracy is in the eye of the beholder. If you want ultimate accuracy of your loadings, you will have to weigh every charge to the best of your ability.

You can get powder measures especially for bulky powders.

Lee, lyman, hornady, rcbs all do reliable auto powder measures with prices and precision generally increasing respectively but work best with ball powders.

I use a lee precision for my 410 loading with sp3 and not yet had a charge more than 0.1grains out either way which is as sensitive as my scales can detect.

What is it you are reloading for?

Edited by Stonepark

Similar, I use a CH4D 502 and get plus or minus a few kernels on every throw if I put one of my baffles in and tap the powder a few times with the handle to ensure consistency. But to get it precisely I still have to trickle in or remove a few kernels. This is with bulky stick powders, it would likely work better with ball. 

Edited by mick miller

I added a Targetmaster Trickler to my existing Lyman Scale and have been very impressed so far with it's accuracy, ease of use and speed. I just use a Lee Dipper to put the bulk of the powder in the pan of the Scale, usually about 2 grains less than I want, and then let the Trickler do it's work.

http://www.targetmasteruk.com/