Ford Fiesta Eco Boost

Salop Matt

5 hours ago, shalfordninja33 said:

From the little research I’ve done it appears that only the 1.6 and 2.0 were recalled. I couldn’t find anything on the 1.0. 

Hopefully that’s not affected m. 

The 1.0 built after October 2013 are "probably" not at risk and aren't being recalled because those built before then should have been recalled in 2015. Ford will contribute 100%  for repairs at a main dealer if any 1.0 engines fail through overheating. Keep those fingers crossed.

12 hours ago, Westward said:

The 1.0 built after October 2013 are "probably" not at risk and aren't being recalled because those built before then should have been recalled in 2015. Ford will contribute 100%  for repairs at a main dealer if any 1.0 engines fail through overheating. Keep those fingers crossed.

Thank you for the info Westward, going to finalise a deal on a 65 plate tomorrow, I'll make a point of asking about the recall.

14 hours ago, Westward said:

1 hour ago, shalfordninja33 said:

Thank you for the info Westward, going to finalise a deal on a 65 plate tomorrow, I'll make a point of asking about the recall.

Id have a quick read of this first.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/111213/ford-focus-1-0

It might be that the problem has not been addressed completely on the post 2013 engines ?

To be honest, Rewulf's link identifies exactly why I won't have Ford cars. It's not that can't build durable cars, it's that everything has to be financially pared to the bone. There's lots of shiny stuff and glitz but underneath they're put together for the lowest possible cost and now, thanks to the accountants, they're paying heavily for saving a few pennies on sourcing coolant hoses.

Other examples of minimum quality parts on Focus based vehicles - not all are Fords BTW - are the very common failure of the rear bushes on the front wishbones, rear springs breaking and top suspension mount breakage. Just ask Google if you don't believe me.

All they need do is spend a few pounds more and the cars would be significantly more able to stand up to higher mileages before parts need replacing.