Dead rabbits

Croohur

Hi all,

I had a bumper crop of rabbits this year on the farm, back in fields they havent been in a while. In the past month I havent noticed as many. I have also found about 5 dead rabbits just laid out on the ground. I had a look at them and could see no signs of infection of inflammation. The only thing wrong with them (besides being very dead...) was som dried blood around the nose of two of them. Anyone know what the problem could be??

Edit:

Just did a bit of quick googling, looks like it may be RHD, something I hadnt seen of around here before. Yikes.

Edited by Croohur

5 hours ago, Croohur said:

Hi all,

I had a bumper crop of rabbits this year on the farm, back in fields they havent been in a while. In the past month I havent noticed as many. I have also found about 5 dead rabbits just laid out on the ground. I had a look at them and could see no signs of infection of inflammation. The only thing wrong with them (besides being very dead...) was som dried blood around the nose of two of them. Anyone know what the problem could be??

Edit:

Just did a bit of quick googling, looks like it may be RHD, something I hadnt seen of around here before. Yikes.

Exactly the same here, feel bad for not shooting more in spring and early summer, at least they could have been eaten and not suffered...

On 14/09/2018 at 20:28, PPP said:

Exactly the same here, feel bad for not shooting more in spring and early summer, at least they could have been eaten and not suffered...

My thoughts entirely.  I could see the mixy slowly making its way up the coast. I shot quite a few but should have harvested more