3 inch goose cartridges

PPP

1 minute ago, Ayagunner said:

Personal choice is game bore mammoth 36 gram 1s

Excellent, that’s what I bought, are they enough though? One of my American colleagues said they aren’t a goose load, although I guess goose shooting in US is different..

9 hours ago, PPP said:

Excellent, that’s what I bought, are they enough though? One of my American colleagues said they aren’t a goose load, although I guess goose shooting in US is different..

Shooting is different over there, but a cartridge will kill just the same over there. Of course a 36 gram no.1 is a goose cartridge!

1 hour ago, Gerry78 said:

3inch all you need for geese ive shot my fair share of geese with gamebore 3inch steel have also shot and killed geese with 2 3/4 duck cartridges aiming for there heads at reasonable ranges i just find a brand of cartridges i like and stock up too lazy to reload 😉

Well, I agree to a certain extent, but then again, a lot of people use dedicated "goose guns" - 10s and 8s etc.

Range has a part to play, too. I wouldn't be comfortable firing at a 60 yard pink with a standard 2 3/4" steel load.

Think most of us have been caught with the wrong cart inwhen birds appear and shot some surprising stuff with 23/4 and 3” but where I shoot the geese are staying at the edge of range last couple of seasons due to ground sea wall works. May need 3” even for ducks this season if they won’t come right in.

i agree with Motty reloading gives more options for 3”