Tesla one year on

AVB

12 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Interesting, but what about a reserve, traffic, a necessary detour, extra load for wipers heaters ect ?

BTW I checked with google and my other sat nav app ,and Thorney is 192 miles from where I am now , South Notts.
Making a 2.40 hr journey somewhat unlikely (within speed limits, and no traffic) google said around 3.40 hrs.

The car will factor in a reserve (ancillary equipment usage is negligible). If things got bad then the car would limit your speed in order to increase range. The biggest variable is the weather - rain saps about 10% consumption - but as I said the car works out how much you are using and fairly accurately predicts your usage, even allowing to differences in terrain. I know why people worry about range and when you first get an EV you do get range anxiety but it soon passes as you learn to trust the car. 

I don’t believe it would take sub three hours either. That was using a simple phone app to plot charger usage. The car Satnav is google based with Tesla add ons for charger information etc. The point I was making was that it would only be 10-15 minutes longer, to allow for a top up en-route, at a fraction of the cost of petrol/diesel. 

I didn’t buy it because it is ‘green’ but rather because of the tech and as I said originally it made sense vs a new Discovery. Even my wife has got used to it. 

22 minutes ago, AVB said:

The car will factor in a reserve (ancillary equipment usage is negligible). If things got bad then the car would limit your speed in order to increase range. The biggest variable is the weather - rain saps about 10% consumption - but as I said the car works out how much you are using and fairly accurately predicts your usage, even allowing to differences in terrain. I know why people worry about range and when you first get an EV you do get range anxiety but it soon passes as you learn to trust the car. 

I don’t believe it would take sub three hours either. That was using a simple phone app to plot charger usage. The car Satnav is google based with Tesla add ons for charger information etc. The point I was making was that it would only be 10-15 minutes longer, to allow for a top up en-route, at a fraction of the cost of petrol/diesel. 

I didn’t buy it because it is ‘green’ but rather because of the tech and as I said originally it made sense vs a new Discovery. Even my wife has got used to it. 

I agree entirely, fuel cost is a massive factor, and the longevity of the car and batteries is a genuine pull.

What about servicing, cost wise, what actually gets serviced ?

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I agree entirely, fuel cost is a massive factor, and the longevity of the car and batteries is a genuine pull.

What about servicing, cost wise, what actually gets serviced ?

Very little. Lubrication of drive shafts iirc. I’ll let you know as mine is due for its first year check up soon. Interestingly you don’t have to have it serviced (anywhere) in order to maintain the warranty! 

Just now, AVB said:

Very little. Lubrication of drive shafts iirc. I’ll let you know as mine is due for its first year check up soon. Interestingly you don’t have to have it serviced (anywhere) in order to maintain the warranty! 

Thats very good indeed, I am quite impressed with that TBH.
Thanks.

On 26/09/2018 at 06:35, HAYBURN said:

I thought these electric vehicles also had a standard battery to run other systems,wipers,heater, ect

Yes there is a 12 volt battery that runs some of the ancillary equipment. Lights, wipers, heated seats. Not the heating or A/c though. The 12 volt is recharged from the main pack when it needs it.