Free pigeons shooting!

maxtich

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this is still on option but I’m an air gunner and would be more than happy to help. My recent permission has gone a little quiet so lots of time on my hands. If you can let me know how to contact you I’ll drop you a note. Cheers. 

On 28/03/2020 at 00:20, LHE44 said:

Not sure if this is still on option but I’m an air gunner and would be more than happy to help. My recent permission has gone a little quiet so lots of time on my hands. If you can let me know how to contact you I’ll drop you a note. Cheers. 

And you are attempting to contact a banned member!

I know its an old post but am I reading this right ( Looking for some one to clear some Feral pigeons around barns  with sub air rifles in exchange for general help around  small farm. ) he wanted someone to cure his problem with feral pigeons and he wanted the same person to work on the farm for the privilege?

Welcome to the forum, LHE44, if you decide to stay awhile (and I hope you do) you will learn that it is considered bad form and a little naive to think that you can join and get shooting the easy way - unfortunately this forum see's many shooters who believe that the world is waiting eagerly for them to come along with their Grandads Airgun and shoot Willy Nilly. With the greatest respect might I suggest that you introduce yourself and tell us a little about you and what you do, your experiences in the world of shooting or just of life in general. With the  current situation I believe that now is a time to learn or teach, to make alliances and to enjoy the ramblings of others, not the time to seek shooting. We all know how depressing it is to be "Armed to the teeth" and have nothing to shoot at but the vast majority of us have all been there and come out the the side, some by giving up, and some by hanging on in there and eventually enjoying this phenomenal sport along with it's social and personal benefits, there is a relatively new member on here who refused to take no for an answer and is now , I believe, enjoying the fruits of his labour - I will not name him as I do not have his blessing but he has done well. So might I suggest that you sit back and enjoy the forum and who knows what the future may bring?

Anyway its a bad time to be looking , BASC put out a notice with regard to unnecessary travel under the present lock down rules, to go out to shoot, either for pleasure ,sport or vermin control, the police will stop and fine anyone going out to shoot along with the possibility of losing your licence, 

They did say that if the landowner has a particular problem you may take action, but its advised to contact your local police to notify them of your intention, when and where etc,and you may also need specific written instructions to shoot, if the local police say no then the landowner is over ruled , so be careful out there, just because you are out on your own, and no risk to the public its still not a given that you can assume its ok .

I am 72 with slight chest problems, my wife is 69 and pretty healthy but we have been in lock down since 13th March, just hoping the virus misses us and we can get back to some normality, some thinks its ok to ignore the lock down believing its only a danger to us oldies, but the death count is now including some in their 50's  and younger, including one young person of 19 or 20 , and healthy people ,not just those with underlying problems, so everyone take care and stay safe, the pigeons will still be there once lock down is over.