Changing primers on a recipe?

I have been using a recipe from F.E.S for my .410 (2/12 in cases 14 gram 6's )which uses fiocchi 615 primers, now I have access to some cheddite cx50 primers is it feasible to use them in the recipe instead or is that a big reloading no no?

i have read the blurb on both and they are both classed as 'mild'.

TIA

mike

Guest cookoff013

i`ve heard speculation the 616, isnt as strong as the cx2000. 
and there data to support the 616 isnt great for low pressure recipes.

it all just depends on the recipe.

with my experience thesedays, i would probably limit my self to running powders with the maximum payload of shot. 

thats not to say that other recipes are poor. but you rarely hear these loads fail, due to primer.

I have tons of tests on primers made with both proofing barrel, chrony or pendulum. What I would worry the most is cx1000 which are by far the most inconsistent one ranging from similar to 615 to similar to cx2000. 616 are close but not less powerful than cx2000 with NSI 688 being similar or more Powerful than cx2000. This make 616 not suitable for low pressure load especially on smaller bores. Back to the OP, changing it won't affect the pressure if that's your worry (if anything will be lower), but will definitely have an impact on speed (lower) and cause the pattern to tighten