Very Old Decoy Duck

CaptC

Very old decoy duck - must be at least 100 years old. His/her condition shows the years!

It's a Mallard drake carved out of cork. Showing some light dents and a little damage to the breast but it adds to it's character. Measures 12" long.

Below decks it looks as if the decoy was once varnished - there are many, many layers of paint!

£50 posted - Thanks - Sensible offers considered!

Apologies for the strange colour(s) below - I think the memory card is faulty.

Please note - I have been asked by several PW members of the decoy is a fake! It most certainly is not! It would take a very clever person to fake the age/finish/patina.

DSC_0002 (19).JPG

Edited by CaptC
Added note

26 minutes ago, peck said:

Thank you peck - I think the decoys that sell for daft money are possibly signed or made by a recognised decoy maker? Mine is, without hurting his/her feelings rather basic ergo £50!

1 hour ago, CaptC said:

Very old decoy duck - must be at least 100 years old. His/her condition shows the years!

It's a Mallard drake carved out of cork. Showing some light dents and a little damage to the breast but it adds to it's character. Measures 12" long.

Below decks it looks as if the decoy was once varnished - there are many, many layers of paint!

DSC_0001 (22).JPG

Edited by CaptC

Hi Capt C - The lines on your photo are likely 1 of 2 things.

most  likely removing card from camera before the camera has finished writing the image. 

If the camera can take large photos and the speed of the sd card is quite slow or is reasonably full it’s more likely to happen.

taking all the photos off and formatting the card could also help.

sd cards can go faulty but in personal experience they ussually work or don’t work.

Ps that’s a real man cave duck top of a book case full of books  on shooting and fishing and odds a **** two good to throw away or have an interesting tale to tell unfortunately I am not allowed one ( a man cave that is ) ! 

On 17/09/2018 at 17:24, CaptC said:

Please note - I have been asked by several PW members of the decoy is a fake! It most certainly is not! It would take a very clever person to fake the age/finish/patina.

DSC_0002 (19).JPG

SOLD TO MIKE HAGUE - AWAITING PAYMENT