4x4 for £2.5k

P90DLY

On 21/09/2018 at 10:38, ferguson_tom said:

Have a look at the Kia Sorento, for £2500 you should find something quite reasonable. It was a comfy motor and off road was quite impressive with the correct tyres. Fuel wise i used to get 30mpg. Was very reliable as well over the 4 years i owned it it only needed a water pump, and the fuel tank (delamination of lining a common problem but fixed FOC by Kia.) In hindsight i wish i never sold it as it was a really useful workhorse.

+1 Surprised nobody else has suggested a Sorrento. Good motors and easily gotten for not much money.

I have a MK2 Toyota RAV4 - brilliant on and off road, very reliable (although there is a common fault with 5th gear) and pretty good mpg.

My subaru outback does about 44mpg average according to the trip computer. I mostly do short runs with a little motorway driving. On the motorway it will do about 55mpg. This a  2010 2.0l diesel. I have used it on rough roads but I have only had it a few weeks. The leather seats are nice.

• 2 weeks later...