Thornproof goretex jacket?

fitzy

I seem to be looking for the holy grail of shooting coats. I want a lightweight, highly breathable waterproof jacket that's as resilliant as a waxed jacket for beating with the dog.

I go rough shooting and it's strenuous work. Tend to get too hot and clammy in waxed jackets. I've also a Deerhunter jacket but it's too big, warm and bulky. Many shooting jackets are great for posing in but would rip too easily on thorns. I've been trying to find an alternative like cordura but no luck.  Army surplus would be inappropriate. . Any recommendations?

Edited by fitzy

The only one which comes near is an ex fire service jacket. The trousers certainly do the job but they too will eventually give up the ghost to thorns etc. 

I have a couple of ventile jackets ( which has been around since the Second World War ) which are as tough as old boots, but I won’t risk them on briers etc, but again wear waxed cotton. 

They're a pain to find, but the elka working xtreme jacket would fit the bill, I have been issued them from work for the last 6 years, theyre Cordura type material, very hard wearing, breathable and waterproof. They are aimed at commercial fishermen,  well worth a look,  they make trousers to go with the jacket, but avoid them, they are not cut for men. Think moose knuckle 

https://www.engineeringagencies.co.uk/elka-working-xtreme-jacket-086002?search=Elka working xtreme