The "Find Maddy Fund"

Gordon R

If they had not left the children on there own and gone for a meal .they would not be the problem of muddy been taken .

they should have took her with them .you never got this searching for Ben needham .it was there own fault she was taken .so why should the tax payer foot the bill 

1 hour ago, Westward said:

It strikes me that it must be incredibly difficult to conceal a body permanently in unfamiliar surroundings and hide what you've done from your friends with whom you're holidaying. The idea that the McCanns were responsibility for the presumed death their own daughter and disposal of her body seems pretty far fetched and I just don't buy it. But I do think they must carry a massive burden of guilt over leaving the children unattended and only checking on them periodically.

It seems the initial police operation relating to the crime scene was hopelessly incompetent and the local cops must know this. IMO lashing out at the McCanns was a form of blame transference because the huge media coverage meant they had to be seen to be doing something other than running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

It's all desperately sad but there are other equally sad cases that don't get the same level of attention. Perhaps that's why there's a degree of anti the McCanns attitude out there.

I'm not so sure, someone actually killing a child, or anyone else for that matter seems quite far fetched when you think about it and again, concealing any body must be hard under any circumstances, yet murders happen all the time, and they are most likely carried out by someone known to the victim. As I stated in my first post, none of us can guess whether they did or didn't do it, but the idea that anyone could carry out murder and or child kidnapping, is a strange thing to understand by anyone normal, and I don't think you can rule out the McCann's on the simple fact it would be tricky for them to get away with it, as it would be tricky for anyone to, but someone obviously has.

Edited by 12gauge82

Because she was such a pretty child the possibility of her being abducted for money has always been the only really plausible explanation and probably the reason why the investigation has continued. If the police believed she was simply dead they would have dropped it years ago. There must be something that would justify continuing.

There were a number of near miss attempted abductions in that resort in the weeks before she went missing. Its still a very strange case, whether we will ever know the truth is doubtful.

33 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Because she was such a pretty child the possibility of her being abducted for money has always been the only really plausible explanation and probably the reason why the investigation has continued. If the police believed she was simply dead they would have dropped it years ago. There must be something that would justify continuing.

There were a number of near miss attempted abductions in that resort in the weeks before she went missing. Its still a very strange case, whether we will ever know the truth is doubtful.

Don't hold your breath waiting!

Why give sedatives to your child.  ???

Why leave a child of that age unattended ???

These are 2 educated people, supposed to be loving parents. 

I think the persistent actions of the parents in this case is to compensate the guilt. It makes them feel.better to keep on with the story. 

You dont think like these type of people. 

32 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Why give sedatives to your child.  ???

Why leave a child of that age unattended ???

These are 2 educated people, supposed to be loving parents. 

I think the persistent actions of the parents in this case is to compensate the guilt. It makes them feel.better to keep on with the story. 

You dont think like these type of people. 

Did they give sedatives to their daughter? I thought that was a claim made by the Portugese detective in his book?

Edited by Vince Green

Not being there at the time we will never know?

I do know that we never ever left our children unattended anywhere, interesting to know their motive for doing just that, as seemingly they were in a superior situation to most? Leave the kids to go on the lash? Mm?

If any of the fund money is used? Mm again? That would need an investigation of its own.

2 hours ago, figgy said:

Maddy would 15 coming up 16 now so why has she not contacted any authorities to say she was taken as a child. It all stinks and there is more to this than we will ever know.

Even if she was abducted doesn't mean she wasn't killed later, maybe hundreds of miles away. It would be down to the reason why she was abducted.

However, poor young girls are ten a penny in places like India or Romania and nobody would go looking for them. Paedos would have easy pickings with little or no risk in those places The only thing is, they are not little blonde girls with blue eyes.

I think her appearance is the key reason for her being selected. There is an often quoted suspicion that a man photographed her on the beach a couple of days before but that man has never been identified. Other holiday makers on the beach at the time independently confirmed that it happened.

If you accept the possibility that she was abducted, it would be a high value / well planned abduction which does increase the possibility that somebody wanted her 'to adopt'  as their child. 

My theory? she's a rich man's concubine or a prostitute now somewhere in the middle east. She was snatched precisely because she was fair skinned and blonde by traffickers

Edited by Vince Green

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Would you even remember ?
How much do you recall of when you were 3 ?

Quite surprisingly more than i thought i would remember, especially anything memorable. its last week i cant remember.   I am sure i would remember being taken from my parents, whether i would be bothered about it that amount of years later is another matter,  it is such a short part of your life your conscious memories are maybe only a year or so.