Domestic Vacuum recommendations

Dave-G

Bearing in mind that silly EU has hamstrung vacuum cleaner manufacturers, what are people finding brilliant?

Apart from our kitchen and bathroom the rest of the house is carpeted if that makes any difference. Also her indoors has very bad arthritis in her hands and wrists so can't lift a lot of weight nor manouver it as well as some might. Seeing a lot of 'Shark' adverts - any good?

Daughter has a Shark and my wife tried it, she also has bad hands and wrists and struggled as the weight is all up on the pole tube at the front so she said it was awful for balance and wanted to twist round at the slightest move.

GTec air ram is ok light and does what wife needs day to day. For a god clean the Oreck like from the adverts professional model and works very good and also the Sebo.

5 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Bearing in mind that silly EU has hamstrung vacuum cleaner manufacturers, what are people finding brilliant?

Apart from our kitchen and bathroom the rest of the house is carpeted if that makes any difference. Also her indoors has very bad arthritis in her hands and wrists so can't lift a lot of weight nor manouver it as well as some might. Seeing a lot of 'Shark' adverts - any good?

Vax.  Had mine for over a year, its brilliant  makes my old Dyson like an Asthmatic in comparison.

I read somewhere that fine dust (the sort you get when rubbing down with sandpaper) can wreck a cyclone type vacuum cleaner.   Apparently the cyclones are excellent if your main interest is in picking up a piece of fluff, but fail to separate out very small particles, which pass through and clog the fan and motor, therefore a bagged machine is preferable for fine dust.   Fact or fiction?

Over the years I have tried many, Vax, Kirby, Electrolux, Goblin, Oreck etc, even more recently a G Tech air ram, finally got a Dyson and stuck with them since my first! Ran over the floor with the vax, then put the dyson over and felt disgustingly filthy when I saw the **** it lifted from the carpets :sick: never looked back. Great vacuum cleaner. 

Edited by Lord Geordie