Passports after Brexit

Cornish lad

Hi guys looking for some opinions on the what's best todo , my passport runs out in may 2019 ,now have no holidays planned as yet but just wondering what I should do regarding renewal as in most places require a min of 6 months being on your passport to travel with apart from I believe the EU . Now if we leave the EU with or without a deal (which I hope we do ) obtaining a passport could get a bit more difficult regarding changing from EU  back to British ones as regards time taken possible , have anyone else given any thoughts to this  scenario ??? Thanks in advance 

Just now, Seadog1408 said:

Are they not being produced in England by a French company who came in 53 million pounds cheaper on the tender?

Yes you're probably right there. I guess that the English company thought that they were automatically going to get the contract and jacked the price up. That's greed for you.

OB

8 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Yes you're probably right there. I guess that the English company thought that they were automatically going to get the contract and jacked the price up. That's greed for you.

OB

I loved the irony when they complained about not getting the deal, De la Rue currently print money and documents for other countries and complained when a foreign company won this deal

I have a trip in May 2019 and my passport runs out in August 19. I need to renew before my May trip and the new blue passports are not available until Oct 2019 so looks like i will be stuck with the old pink one for 10 years ☹️

Am I correct in thinking that on renewal they no longer date the new passport from the date of expiry of the old one (less 6 months)?

33 minutes ago, oowee said:

Am I correct in thinking that on renewal they no longer date the new passport from the date of expiry of the old one (less 6 months)?

Yes, it used to be like your MOT, they renewed it from the date of expiry of the old one (within reason).  Now, as we will be under different rules, I do not think you can have a passport issued to expire more than 10 years from the issue date.  Unless you renew exactly right this means you loose the amount of time on your passport that you renew early.  I guess over your lifetime that means one extra renewal,

RS