fx crown

loopy bunny blaster

i think most people go .25 now but i wanted to be able to turn down to 12 and shoot a light pellet around sheds whilst still be able to turn it up to shoot squirrels, was wondering what the range of power was like out of the box without breaking out allen keys which i wouldnt be comfortble doing myself, most of the stuff i can find on youtube relates to the .25 

The thing with power adjustable airguns is .that in reality we dont ever adjust them from full power .

Not because we couldnt use a lower power gun .but because there is always a lot of rezeroing to be done for different energy levels and it becomes a head ache when really we just want to shoot it .its better to just have  a high power gun and a low one .much easier .

Now that depends on a . What guns you already have (how they are used ) and hiw the fac.22 air would fit between the others . 

And b. What you intend to shoot with it ? 

So for me i have a .25 cal at 45 fpe .which can push 90 yd shots. So i dont need my .22 to reach that far or that power .. so my .22 runs a light pellet at 23 fpe. For shots out to around 65 /70 yds max but mainly for elevated bird or squirrel shots .so to that end i didnt need a large air bottle on gun or high power .so my .22  is a bsa ultra .

Perfect for hide shooting and woods walking ..

If my .22 fac air was my only fac then i might want more energy and shots .

But my .25 has that covered and then some .

Dont be fooled into thinking you NEED  a large bottled gun .thats 10 ft long .

And if you can kill a rabbit with a 5 fpe gun then there is no difference as far as the rabbit is concerened between say 23 and 30 fpe. .

If they both have the same trajectory and accuracy id rather do the job with less energy not.  more .

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 23:29, loopy bunny blaster said:

i think most people go .25 now but i wanted to be able to turn down to 12 and shoot a light pellet around sheds whilst still be able to turn it up to shoot squirrels, was wondering what the range of power was like out of the box without breaking out allen keys which i wouldnt be comfortble doing myself, most of the stuff i can find on youtube relates to the .25 

I have a .25 FX impact which runs at 47 ft/lbs  but like your self I thought I would buy crown .22FAc for the same reason . If I can turn it down on the wheel to about 17 ft/lbs , about 805 fps which would be the same as my HW100k .177 sub12