Tesco.

Pigeon Shredder.

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 22:52, Harnser said:

Mrs harnser won’t use the self service tills .she says the next thing they will want is for customers to go out back and unload the lorries .

harnser

how many people do you imagine 'accidently' don't swipe everything through? It is basically an honesty system and I am very cynical of the general public's honesty 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

how many people do you imagine 'accidently' don't swipe everything through? It is basically an honesty system and I am very cynical of the general public's honesty 

We seem to get selected for random checks most of the time but to be honest they only look at the top items in the trolly.

24 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Its not as easy as that, everything has a weight.
So, if you put something through without scanning, you cannot put it into the bagging area, other wise it flags up with too much weight.
You would literally have to put it from the conveyor straight into your trolley ect, which is fairly obvious, as if you had scanned it like you were supposed to , it would flag up as too little weight.

21 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You would literally have to put it from the conveyor straight into your trolley ect, which is fairly obvious

They scan one or two items - and put them on the scales, then load the rest direct into an accomplice (who was waiting nearby with trolley complete with baby).  Seen it done only recently.  Staff called security, but I think nothing was done - perpetrators, who were both young females with babies (possibly genuinely) had little English ....

Person behind me in queue said it happens all the time - usually people of 'no fixed abode' against whom the police will not act, so they get away with it.

Sickening.

On 21/09/2018 at 19:51, topshot_2k said:

Its too cheap because supermarkets are using their market power to force the prices down in order to sell it cheap on their shelves, at one point it was barely above cost price. Many countries we import from also have much lower welfare standards and so lower costs to produce. The government shouldn't be paying any subsidies and instead be increasing tariffs on imported food that we can produce here.

Its like the wonky veg that supermarkets refused to buy, who do you think lost out there? the producers again. It wasn't until it hit the news that supermarkets changed their tune and started stocking it at slightly cheaper prices rather than refusing it full stop like they have been for years.

It's too cheap because we are producing too much. Supermarket pressure is reflecting the supply side. A robotic dairy can produce at 50% the price of a traditional dairy after finance costs. What countries do we import from that have lower welfare standards? Are you suggesting that we impose tariff's on imports, pay more for our food and subsidise inefficient farmers? Post Brexit we can do that if we want but I suspect most of will want to do trade deals with the US ect and worry about the side effects later. 

Wonky veg. You have a choice of two carrots one deformed and one nicely shaped. Which do you put in the shopping basket? It's the consumer that is pushing for nicely shaped veg and the supermarkets responding to the demand. 

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Wonky veg. You have a choice of two carrots one deformed and one nicely shaped. Which do you put in the shopping basket? It's the consumer that is pushing for nicely shaped veg and the supermarkets responding to the demand.

I bought some 'wonky' onions recently.  Nothing 'wonky' about them, other than that they were smaller than average.  Very good onions - and I bought some more today.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I bought some 'wonky' onions recently.  Nothing 'wonky' about them, other than that they were smaller than average.  Very good onions - and I bought some more today.

When i buy veg from small villages in the med in Greece or Turkey the stuff generally looks like the sort of stuff you might see thrown out the back of a vegetable market. It's almost always much better tasting than anything you can buy in UK supermarkets. Especially the tomatoes which will always be a bit scabby but taste delicious. 

There is a shoplifting scam a friend of my son who worked for Sainsburys has told me about. They go round and buy a number of items, pay and get a receipt, then they go and put them in their car but keep hold of the receipt. Then go straight back in and pick up all the same items again and walk out without paying. He said it was usually alkies stealing booze