Cheeky blighters .

fse10

Had some lovely young lady pull out of a carpark with out looking straight into my front wing late at night last week. She was a bit shaken & said see didn't see me. Exchanged details & her insurance company called me the next morning to ask if i would like them to take care of all the repairs etc, to which i said yes as seemed to be the easiest option. About 20mins after i had spoken to them their recommend repair center phoned to say they had passed my details to the branch who will carry out the repair & they would call me to arrange collection of my car. Two days went by no call, so gave them a call to be told due to sickness they can not collect it till next week fine not a problem i say, then they tell me i have to pay £750 excess on completion of the repair. I told the guy well that's not going to happen as she hit me well that's what her insurance company have told us he says. So with the right hump i call her insurance company ,after 20mins on the phone to a call center in India all sorted with nothing to pay. Never heard that before none fault claim on their insurance & you have to pay the excess ? No blooming chance.

20 minutes ago, rovercoupe said:

Dont worry they will just put your insurance up when you renew it.

It was her insurance company's repair shop not mine, that said i had to pay excess. But you are right my insurance may go up next year which is a croc as none fault & all cost's met by her insurance. 

36 minutes ago, fse10 said:

Had some lovely young lady pull out of a carpark with out looking straight into my front wing late at night last week. She was a bit shaken & said see didn't see me. Exchanged details & her insurance company called me the next morning to ask if i would like them to take care of all the repairs etc, to which i said yes as seemed to be the easiest option. About 20mins after i had spoken to them their recommend repair center phoned to say they had passed my details to the branch who will carry out the repair & they would call me to arrange collection of my car. Two days went by no call, so gave them a call to be told due to sickness they can not collect it till next week fine not a problem i say, then they tell me i have to pay £750 excess on completion of the repair. I told the guy well that's not going to happen as she hit me well that's what her insurance company have told us he says. So with the right hump i call her insurance company ,after 20mins on the phone to a call center in India all sorted with nothing to pay. Never heard that before none fault claim on their insurance & you have to pay the excess ? No blooming chance.

Never ever let the other party's insurance fix your car, you have no contractual agreement with them and you will have no redress. In fact never even speak to them, you might say something or agree to something that compromises your claim. Even worse it may be a claims management company and you are getting scammed. 

On 20/09/2018 at 11:35, Vince Green said:

Never ever let the other party's insurance fix your car, you have no contractual agreement with them and you will have no redress. In fact never even speak to them, you might say something or agree to something that compromises your claim. Even worse it may be a claims management company and you are getting scammed. 

Absolutely this!! 

I pay my insurance company every year to sort things like this out. 

They sort out getting my car fixed, they sort out a courtesy car whilst repairs being done, and they sort out getting the payment off the person at fault. 

And if they don’t sort it out to my satisfaction I have a contract with them and can make a complaint through the appropriate channels. 

If you have a decent insurance company they also shouldn’t put your premium up for accidents which are entirely not your fault. Last 3 companies I’ve used all didn’t included claims that were entirely the other persons fault. 

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 11:35, Vince Green said:

This ^^^

13 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Absolutely this!! 

I pay my insurance company every year to sort things like this out. 

They sort out getting my car fixed, they sort out a courtesy car whilst repairs being done, and they sort out getting the payment off the person at fault. 

And if they don’t sort it out to my satisfaction I have a contract with them and can make a complaint through the appropriate channels. 

If you have a decent insurance company they also shouldn’t put your premium up for accidents which are entirely not your fault. Last 3 companies I’ve used all didn’t included claims that were entirely the other persons fault. 

I deal with car insurance claims from the the repairer point of view , with many insurers just employing management companies, of often dubious quality.
Sometimes clients end up banging their heads against the wall with the behaviour of these companies, often due to the fact both parties have the same insurer, or umbrella company.

Companies to avoid include , but not limited to, Churchill, Direct line and More than.

'Good ones include Aviva and NFU.
Sometimes paying slightly more, makes the bigger difference in the long run.

'