Sights for Typhoon F12

nagantino

I got my new Typhoon F12 and took it to the range for a pop. I fitted the front and rear sights from my S&W M+P 15 -22. Iron sights. They work fine but when using the peep sight to the rear, it seems that his would slow me down in a match. Looking for the next target or just not seeing a target. I'm used to the Beretta 1301 where I can see all round me, so I was wondering what Holosight or red dot gets the thumbs up from established Practical Shotgun users?

201840734096 ref. number on the bay, under £30 been on my pump for over a year dirt cheap! and genuinely shock resistant surprisingly enough! Avoid the cheapies with click stop switches, they fall apart, the one above has a constantly variable brightness control and is far more rugged. I have an expensive Shield sight and still prefer the one above

Edited by impala59

There are 3 F12s at our club, all 3 were on dot sights initially. 2 have now gone back to minimal open sights for PSG as they are quicker, one guy is still trying to get faster with his but IMO failing. You now have a loading time advantage over a tube mag but a dot sight just isn’t as quick as a well practiced straight rib and bead. 🤔

2 hours ago, chilly1981 said:

Sorry but red dots are faster and more accurate (for practical type shooting) than open sights that’s thewhole point of them and the whole reason the mill adopted them and police 

For rifles yes I agree 100%, for a shotgun against falling plates? Results speak differently at our club.......