NRW to ban shooting on public land

andrewluke

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no Forestry Commission in Wales any more. That's what NRW is known as after the amalgamation of CCW, EA and the FC so I assume this refers to any land previously managed by the Forestry Commission. 

It was always illegal for people to just turn up and shoot on FC land so nothing has changed there.   

I would guess that this is a policy change that means NRW will no longer allow shooting tennancies on their land rather than banning shooting. 

Bit like what the EU remainers want, the Welsh Government (reacting to pressure from antis) had a public consultation on shooting on public (council/government owned) land...it didn't turn out as they hoped, so they had another....which also didn't turn out as they wanted.....so despite public opinion and scientific fact to the contrary, the Welsh minister of agriculture has imposed a ban on shooting on public land!...........Democracy in action eh?

Edited by panoma1

It's not really a ban on shooting. That will still continue in the form of deer management etc by staff employed by NRW. As it always has, this will most likely just be a policy change that stops them leasing ground for sporting shooting. Which I imagine was limited anyway. 

I don't agree with the precedence that it sets but it's not as bad as BASC make out. 

https://naturalresources.wales/about-us/news-and-events/news/consultation-begins-on

That was the consultation that Panoma refers to  

Edited by ClemFandango

NRW does not own much foreshore but they are responsible for granting consents.If this weak Welsh Assembly allows itself to be bullied by any extremist animal rights group then all types of live shooting in Wales could be put in jeopardy.The shooting organisations must fight this tooth and nail and it is up to us to contact our AM,s and MP,s to let them know our thoughts on this matter and also to let us know theirs.

Wildfowling clubs in the Principality should wake up to the fact that their way of life is the next in the sights of the activists.Without a fight we will lose everything we hold dear.NRW will agree to anything their paymasters demand as can be seen by the capitulation over pheasant shooting.

37 minutes ago, greylag said:

Wildfowling clubs in the Principality should wake up to the fact that their way of life is the next in the sights of the activists.Without a fight we will lose everything we hold dear.NRW will agree to anything their paymasters demand as can be seen by the capitulation over pheasant shooting.

The fight with NRW goes on, pursued by a couple of small Wildfowling clubs in Wales supported by BASC.....as does the fight with NE.......AUKWC are at the forefront of the fight with NE.

Make no mistake Wildfowling is, to quote the famous film in "clear and present danger" If ALL Wildfowlers and Wildfowling clubs don't wake up and join the fight, we are in danger of being "robbed whilst we are sleeping"

On 20/09/2018 at 18:44, panoma1 said:

Bit like what the EU remainers want, the Welsh Government (reacting to pressure from antis) had a public consultation on shooting on public (council/government owned) land...it didn't turn out as they hoped, so they had another....which also didn't turn out as they wanted.....so despite public opinion and scientific fact to the contrary, the Welsh minister of agriculture has imposed a ban on shooting on public land!...........Democracy in action eh?

Why would EU remainers want to stop shooting on public land when the majority I know shoot on public land as I do. A stupid statement that is a clear lie. There is no connection between shoot and remaining in the EU other than the EU is a very pro shooting body as are most Europeans..

Edited by anser2

59 minutes ago, anser2 said:

Why would EU remainers want to stop shooting on public land when the majority I know shoot on public land as I do. A stupid statement that is a clear lie. There is no connection between shoot and remaining in the EU other than the EU is a very pro shooting body as are most Europeans..

Stupid maybe, delusional certainly. Panoma is only interested in spinning a web of fantasy. Small minds and all that :lol:

12 hours ago, anser2 said:

You have totally missed his point.

21 hours ago, oowee said:

Stupid maybe, delusional certainly. Panoma is only interested in spinning a web of fantasy. Small minds and all that 

What\who's stupid? Who's delusional? What is the web of fantasy you claim I have spun? 

3 hours ago, anser2 said:

Which was ?

No point in trying to educate you! You are an idiot, incapable of processing and understanding a few simple sentences of text! And because of your lack of intelligence and literary inadequacies you have to resort to posting personal insults in a pathetic attempt to make a point about something I posted, the relevance of which, anyone with a brain can see, you have completely failed to grasp.

Are you really so foolish Panoma or do you just ignore the opinions of anyone who does not share your personal outlook on like. One of these days you will grow up and join the adults world , until then its best you keep your opinions to yourself. At the moment you seem to feel you are free to lie and then complain when someone challenges you. That's the sort of thing little kids do not adults. If you make a statement then be prepared to back it up. 

Edited by anser2

On 20/09/2018 at 18:44, panoma1 said:

Ill give oowee and the ever entertaining anser a helping hand here.

If thats not too apparent , he meant it was a similar situation to Brexit, not the same argument.

It was a COMPARISON 😂😁

1 hour ago, anser2 said:

Are you really so foolish Panoma or do you just ignore the opinions of anyone who does not share your personal outlook on like. One of these days you will grow up and join the adults world , until then its best you keep your opinions to yourself. At the moment you seem to feel you are free to lie and then complain when someone challenges you. That's the sort of thing little kids do not adults. If you make a statement then be prepared to back it up. 

You call me a liar, tell me where I lied?.......Don't just accuse, that is what a moronic troll (or an unucated, cretinous idiot!) does! But I suppose, if the cap fits! Lol!