Natural Resources Wales bans game shooting on its land

del.gue

Now is then the time to start accurately documenting ALL wildlife and conditions in the areas effected and continue to do so following the ban--- This is the only way the effect of the ban can be proven to be to the determent of other wildlife as I believe it will be.   Even better if this is done in conjunction with NRW then a biased report is more difficult from either side.  Unlikely to happen  without a lot of pressure, but it is what is needed to put the brakes on the narrow interest fluffy bunny brigade.

30 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Now is then the time to start accurately documenting ALL wildlife and conditions in the areas effected and continue to do so following the ban--- This is the only way the effect of the ban can be proven to be to the determent of other wildlife as I believe it will be.   Even better if this is done in conjunction with NRW then a biased report is more difficult from either side.  Unlikely to happen  without a lot of pressure, but it is what is needed to put the brakes on the narrow interest fluffy bunny brigade.

The effect will be negligible. NRW have their own staff that carry out wildlife management. 

I would like to see what hectarage of NRW land this effects. Legally they can't stop game shooting in leasehold woodlands where sporting rights have been retained. As I said before. It's just a policy change not to renew shooting leases. 

It isn't the great victory the LACS suggest... I would imagine this "ban" only applies to less than 5 percent of NRW's total land holding. 

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the real reason was more cost based than anything to do with so called ethical concerns, I would love to see their earnings from game shooting leases versus the cost in management and staff time. 

The problem with the joke which is the Welsh Assembly is that it is easily swayed by the animal rights people.The worrying thing about this ban is it could drift across the border and Natural England could be talked into the same sort of ban on there land if the Corbyn mob come into government.Labour are no friend to the shooting community never mind what they say especially in Wales.

I'm not Welsh but I responded to the consultation, knew the minister had instucted NRW to ignore the results of the consultation, and I knew about it the day the decision was publicised..........your 21 Welsh shooter must have had their heads up their ***** and their hearing aids turned off?

panoma1,

No , I think they are just ordinary folk, who don't frequent forums or buy rubbish shooting magazines . They just get together and go shooting .

Seems perfectly reasonable to me . Unless someone who hasn't got a clue about Countryside life brings a stop to it , without any resistance from overpaid , idle , shooting association employees who just sit back and don't lift a finger .

22 hours ago, greylag said:

The problem with the joke which is the Welsh Assembly is that it is easily swayed by the animal rights people.The worrying thing about this ban is it could drift across the border and Natural England could be talked into the same sort of ban on there land if the Corbyn mob come into government.Labour are no friend to the shooting community never mind what they say especially in Wales.

Natural England are a regulatory body. They don't directly manage any land in England. 

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

I think you'll find they can on SSSI's, SPA's and other designated sites? If the private land is within the site.

Depends on the terms of the designation. If a site was a SSSI for soil type for example then wildfowling would have no impact they couldn't then stop wildfowling as they would have no grounds to. 

2 hours ago, ClemFandango said:

Depends on the terms of the designation. If a site was a SSSI for soil type for example then wildfowling would have no impact they couldn't then stop wildfowling as they would have no grounds to. 

If NRW/NE quote disturbance of whatever, invoke the precautionary principle, and refuse (or impose ridiculous conditions) a Wildfowling consent.....what do you do next?....Who do you appeal to? How long does it take, and how much does it cost to go through the appeals procedure? Right up to a judicial review, courts, barristers, solicitors, which costs thousands! With no guarantee of winning, if you lose and costs are awarded against you, you pay?...............All this time, no consent, no Wildfowling!

I speak from experience!..........That is why I'm pushing for Wildfowling clubs and Wildfowlers to join the AUKWC.