Theresa May's speech today

Vince Green

48 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

A good speech, starting to take the fight back to them at last. I noticed that during the speech the FTSE went up nearly 1.5% which means the city liked it a lot

No the FTSE is rising because sterling is falling as there is an increased chance of a hard Brexit. As the majority of FTSE constituent companies have large overseas earnings weak sterling means increased revenue (in GBP) 

1 hour ago, armsid said:

about time we should now be setting up other markets to trade with commonwealth etc, so that they know we mean business see how audi vw  respond when they can.t sell their cars

We're not allowed to do that yet as we're still bound by being a member of the EU, which is why they're so smug at the moment, although if May actually grows a pair, tells them to stuff it and she delivers a hard brexit (which is far closer to the brexit voted for than chequers ever would be) the EU won't be laughing then, they'll realise we'll do far better without them and junker and pals can go down with their sinking EU ship!

45 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

We're not allowed to do that yet as we're still bound by being a member of the EU, which is why they're so smug at the moment, although if May actually grows a pair, tells them to stuff it and she delivers a hard brexit (which is far closer to the brexit voted for than chequers ever would be) the EU won't be laughing then, they'll realise we'll do far better without them and junker and pals can go down with their sinking EU ship!

i hope so, the way some people have been talking on the radio recently it sounds like the world will end if we dont get a deal!!

I have just about had enough of the whole thing . Let’s just walk away and get on with our lives . They are making it as hard as possible so that others who may want to leave think twice about .i voted to leave I want our people to be governed from here not from Brussels .lets walk away and put a big fence up between the Republic of Ireland and ulster and get on with our British life style so envied thoughout the world . I would love to see that drunken sot from Brussels face if we do .

harnser 

Edited by Harnser

very much agree with harnser......................i think the "other" member states "speak with forked tongue"....and they will approach us after brexit for connection and good trading..........which will be to the anger of the EU and they will stamp on it..........and then that will signal the start of the end.........

interesting times....

although i live in semi abject poverty..im very prepared and accept, to experience a drop in my income and living standard to acheive severance from this insideous organistation called the EU parliament....................... we,....the British coined the phrase Parliament...and they have no right to use it in that context.......

7 minutes ago, ditchman said:

very much agree with harnser......................i think the "other" member states "speak with forked tongue"....and they will approach us after brexit for connection and good trading..........which will be to the anger of the EU and they will stamp on it..........and then that will signal the start of the end.........

interesting times....

although i live in semi abject poverty..im very prepared and accept, to experience a drop in my income and living standard to acheive severance from this insideous organistation called the EU parliament....................... we,....the British coined the phrase Parliament...and they have no right to use it in that context.......

Well put, we're more alike than I'd realised.

1 hour ago, Harnser said:

I have just about had enough of the whole thing . Let’s just walk away and get on with our lives . They are making it as hard as possible so that others who may want to leave think twice about .i voted to leave I want our people to be governed from here not from Brussels .lets walk away and put a big fence up between the Republic of Ireland and ulster and get on with our British life style so envied thoughout the world . I would love to see that drunken sot from Brussels face if we do .

harnser 

A fence or ..... Give Northern Ireland back to the South.

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

My sentiments exactly:good:

Strategically, I`m slightly bemused by the intansigence of the EU. What sort of relationship do they envisage with the UK in the hopefully unlikely circumstances of us remaining in the EU.

I run a club and if I had a member who really wanted to leave then I`d facillitate his departure as quickly as possible and under the friendliest of terms. Everybody gets on with their lives, there is no recrimination or festering long term hostility. No scores to settle at some unspecified point in the future

Why, and god forbid it happens, would the EU want a trucculent and uncooperative member who continued to rock the boat violently from within continuing as a member. In terms of long game strategy it makes no sense.

12 minutes ago, mudpatten said:

Strategically, I`m slightly bemused by the intansigence of the EU. What sort of relationship do they envisage with the UK in the hopefully unlikely circumstances of us remaining in the EU.

I run a club and if I had a member who really wanted to leave then I`d facillitate his departure as quickly as possible and under the friendliest of terms. Everybody gets on with their lives, there is no recrimination or festering long term hostility. No scores to settle at some unspecified point in the future

Why, and god forbid it happens, would the EU want a trucculent and uncooperative member who continued to rock the boat violently from within continuing as a member. In terms of long game strategy it makes no sense.

Simple ,it's called 2nd biggest net contributer. 

Nothing more or less.

I forgot , dumping ground for undesirables too.

A fence or ..... Give Northern Ireland back to the South.

Yes you could do that if you want a start a civil war, in this part of the UK. If it comes to it the EU will be demanding the ROI put a hard border in place not the UK government. The ROI and the EU are using the border to try and force concessions from the UK, they are playing a dangerous game. The ROI  government should remember where most of their trade goes to, the UK. 

27 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Simple ,it's called 2nd biggest net contributer. 

Nothing more or less.

I forgot , dumping ground for undesirables too.

Don't forget the free Health Service and Benefits to all EU comers, we must be barking mad to have ever got in this place.

1 hour ago, JRDS said:

Don't forget the free Health Service and Benefits to all EU comers, we must be barking mad to have ever got in this place.

Spot on, don't forget we were tricked into it, sold a free trade agreement, while giving up our sovereignty, loosing control of our borders, loosing the right to trade with anyone else, make our own laws ect ect ect. The first chance to have a say and we've voted out and even that was a stitch up by the remainiacs.

If there is no Deal the UK could do a really bold move and make the EU look the the enemy with Ireland. Quite simply say anything coming in from ireland is zero rate tariff and doesn't require any customs checks, it doesn't have to be a bilateral agreement once we leave we can choose how we receive goods from countries individually. If they want a border let them build and man it at their expense. Yes there is a risk Ireland will be the backdoor into Britain but you only have to do it for a few years before you close the gap, by then the Eu should have backed down or if they haven't we still wouldn't be the bad guys.