Kofs.

Ultrastu

I picked up a 20 b kofs ou shotty today for £450 . 

I got the junior version with a 13 inch pull and 26 inch barrels .its very light and swings really well .

Looking forward to getting it in the field on some pige .also picked up a slab of rc sipe 28 grm no5 . (English 4.5 ) to go with. 

The gun lools nicely put together and much better machined than the equivalent  yildiz i held the other week. 

Stu 

Edited by Ultrastu

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, welshwarrior said:

Sounds good but 13” lop how short are you?

Thats a good question .

Im 5 .11 and quite muscley 

But i like my stocks to be 13.3/4 inch pull .exactly the same as a rifle .i dont like or get on with pulls longer than 14 inch so a standard 14.5 or 14.75 pull is too much .

Often blokes who have bigger shoulders and arms (in muscle size ) need a shorter pull .

So its easier to just put a pad on the end of a 13 inch stock to make it 13.75 rather than have to start cutting an inch off a brand new gun .

And the 26 inch barrels balance better in the shorter stock with alloy action .

Mate has a 14.75 inch hatsan sa.i cant shoot it .it snags every time i try to shoulder it and both my hands feel too far forward to balance the gun .

He is a bit smaller than i all round and he too finds it a bit long but not as bad as i do .

Un fortunately its a synthetic stock and not easy to alter .

Ps he was with me today and when i bought my kofs and also liked the 13.75 in (with pad ) pull 

15 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

Sounds good but 13” lop how short are you?

I really carnt see how a persons height affects length of pull . Surely it’s the length of your arms and your general build . Some of us are awkward shaped ,I am 5 foot 11 inches and broad shouldered with big arms and hands . 14 inch L.O.P suits me fine . 

Harnser

14 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

Something sounds off to me can’t say what without seeing you shoot though 

I see a huge amount of people shooting lots say their guns fit well enough.  Often what this means is they have worked out how to shoot that gun, to improve their shooting often their gun fit needs to be improved this will then allow them to mount the gun correctly and or shoot the gun in the correct manner. As we tweak fit technique etc we squeeze out a few more birds be that clay or game.  

Most people don’t recognise these issues in their own shooting. 

Well I've never had a gun fit me right as I'm like a orangutan! 6'6" 14 stone, neck like a giraffe, and if I've measured right (inside elbow/crook to first joint back from tip of trigger finger) my lop is 16 1/4". Never had a gun fit me nice which is why after 100 clays my cheek bone hurts but I've learned the hard way how to hit. 

BTW nice looking gun, lovely scroll work, not too ott

Thanks that makes more sense .

The gun is really nice and seems to have every thing i need .

Multi chokes.ali block .Walnut stock .parkerised  26 inch barrels .selectable non auto safety .ejectors .shorter stock 

And i actually  paid £435 for the gun .

And it opens and closes lovely and the machining looks spot on.wood to metal is ok and the engraving is shallow and a bit patchy  but those things dont bother me. 

It always amazes me that more shot guns dont come with adjustable stocks for pull and comb height .as its so critical to hitting what you think your aiming at .

Edited by Ultrastu

On 21/09/2018 at 22:24, welshwarrior said:

5’11” and 13 3/4” stock is very short and a very new one on me. 

I have pal who is about the same height as op and is well built. He swears by a 13.5" lop. He prefers shooting a gun with his nose literally on the back of the receiver. He see's no problem taking a new gun and lopping of an inch. He also says I should cut my gun down. I'm 6ft with medium build, long arms and neck, my lop is 14.5". I don't get it but that doesn't take away fron the fact he can hit more than me 🤔

15 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Well I've never had a gun fit me right as I'm like a orangutan! 6'6" 14 stone, neck like a giraffe, and if I've measured right (inside elbow/crook to first joint back from tip of trigger finger) my lop is 16 1/4". Never had a gun fit me nice which is why after 100 clays my cheek bone hurts but I've learned the hard way how to hit. 

BTW nice looking gun, lovely scroll work, not too ott

Obviously  somewhat unusual physical characteristics can make a mockery of any pre-conceived ideas about gun fit. If a more normal shape is assumed then the biggest single factor relating to LoP has nothing to do with the elbow/first finger joint - that just tells you how long your arm is - but is more to do with the length of your neck.

Well managed to get out with the new ou. today .set up for 2 hours on the bean stubble .did ok .the gun shoots where im looking but does have a tendancy to hit me in the face and hurt my right cheek 

I guess this is because the gun is so light at 5.6 pounds. 

IMG_20180923_220026.jpg

I was using 28 .30 and 32 grm carts