• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mighty Ruler said:

Oh dear.

What ?
'They' (correct pronoun) are gender fluid.
That means that sometimes they are a man, and sometimes they are a man in a dress, with a wig, and socks stuffed down his top 😄 who believes they are now a woman.
Absolutely, perfectly normal, we used to call them transvestites, but someone got offended by that.
Glad we got that sorted :lol:

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

What ?
'They' (correct pronoun) are gender fluid.
That means that sometimes they are a man, and sometimes they are a man in a dress, with a wig, and socks stuffed down his top 😄 who believes they are now a woman.
Absolutely, perfectly normal, we used to call them transvestites, but someone got offended by that.
Glad we got that sorted 

Aren't they still transvestites? Not sure about Eddie Izzard, but Grayson Perry refers to himself as a transvestite. 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Aren't they still transvestites? Not sure about Eddie Izzard, but Grayson Perry refers to himself as a transvestite. 

Oh Scully , thats so 20th century ! 😂

Apparently its 'outdated and offensive' these days.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-a-transvestite-a-transgender-a-transexual-and-a-gender-non-conforming-person

If anyone is wondering what cis gender means or just cis, that just means you are happy with the gender you were born with (ie, normal people) rather than the , err.. gender you were not born with ....hope this helps 🙂

21 minutes ago, Scully said:

They are, whether they wish to be called by that "old" term is another matter.

How many different categories will there be?

1. Male Heterosexual

2. Female Heterosexual

3. Male Homosexual

4. Female Homosexual

5. Male Undecided

6. Female Undecided

7. Male Don't Know

8. Female Don't Know

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

They are, whether they wish to be called by that "old" term is another matter.

How many different categories will there be?

1. Male Heterosexual

2. Female Heterosexual

3. Male Homosexual

4. Female Homosexual

5. Male Undecided

6. Female Undecided

7. Male Don't Know

8. Female Don't Know

You forgot pansexual, that means theyll have sex with anything, aliens , animals, inanimate objects..I think...Im confused now :lol:

This however detracts (as I am often corrected by my children) from the issue of GENDER , which is distinct from SEXUALITY.
Oh for the days of simplicity ! 😯

You've got children!!! Does that mean you're heterosexual and have associated with other heterosexuals of the opposite gender? Whatever next! It's time you woke up and smelled the coffee because in the 21st century it's just not acceptable to have normal hormones.

You don't refer to yourself as the breadwinner do you? If so you are truly doomed.

4 minutes ago, Westward said:

You've got children!!! Does that mean you're heterosexual and have associated with other heterosexuals of the opposite gender? Whatever next! It's time you woke up and smelled the coffee because in the 21st century it's just not acceptable to have normal hormones.

You don't refer to yourself as the breadwinner do you? If so you are truly doomed.

No, sole contributor!

51 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You forgot pansexual, that means theyll have sex with anything, aliens , animals, inanimate objects..I think...Im confused now 

This however detracts (as I am often corrected by my children) from the issue of GENDER , which is distinct from SEXUALITY.

There's more than you can shake a stick at, including:

• pansexual (gender-blind sexual attraction to all people)
  • omnisexual (similar to pansexual, but actively attracted to all genders, rather than gender-blind)
  • gynosexual (someone who’s sexually attracted to women—this doesn’t specify the subject’s own gender, as both “lesbian” and “heterosexual” do)
  • demisexual (sexually attracted to someone based on a strong emotional connection)
  • sapiosexual (sexually attracted to intelligence)
  • objectumsexual (sexual attraction to inanimate objects)
  • autosexual (someone who prefers masturbation to sexual activity with others)
  • androgynosexual (sexual attraction to both men and women with an androgynous appearance)
  • androsexual (sexual attraction towards men)
  • asexual (someone who doesn’t experience sexual attraction)
  • graysexual (occasionally experiencing sexual attraction, but usually not)

2 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

There's more than you can shake a stick at, including:

• pansexual (gender-blind sexual attraction to all people)
  • omnisexual (similar to pansexual, but actively attracted to all genders, rather than gender-blind)
  • gynosexual (someone who’s sexually attracted to women—this doesn’t specify the subject’s own gender, as both “lesbian” and “heterosexual” do)
  • demisexual (sexually attracted to someone based on a strong emotional connection)
  • sapiosexual (sexually attracted to intelligence)
  • objectumsexual (sexual attraction to inanimate objects)
  • autosexual (someone who prefers masturbation to sexual activity with others)
  • androgynosexual (sexual attraction to both men and women with an androgynous appearance)
  • androsexual (sexual attraction towards men)
  • asexual (someone who doesn’t experience sexual attraction)
  • graysexual (occasionally experiencing sexual attraction, but usually not)

I think were confused enough !

'Hello Im Tom and Im androgynosexual' as an introduction ?

Edited by Rewulf

The whole gender fluid thing is going to open a whole new can of worms, imagine the call for car insurance..

Yes I'm a 21 year old male with zero no claims bones.... BUT I identify with a 56 year old female that has 20 years of no claims... now what is my renewal quote... and if you get it wrong I'll go to the papers about victimisation of my character.....

46 minutes ago, Deker said:

The whole gender fluid thing is going to open a whole new can of worms, imagine the call for car insurance..

Yes I'm a 21 year old male with zero no claims bones.... BUT I identify with a 56 year old female that has 20 years of no claims... now what is my renewal quote... and if you get it wrong I'll go to the papers about victimisation of my character.....

Already done, in Canada. 

19 hours ago, Rewulf said:

GENDER is a social construct. SEXUALITY is an individual's preference. BIOLOGY is the reality we live in. I hope they know that. 

Everyone, go and fill the consultation in. https://consult.education.gov.uk/government-equalities-office/reform-of-the-gender-recognition-act/consultation/intro/

21 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Oh Scully , thats so 20th century ! 😂

Apparently its 'outdated and offensive' these days.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-a-transvestite-a-transgender-a-transexual-and-a-gender-non-conforming-person

If anyone is wondering what cis gender means or just cis, that just means you are happy with the gender you were born with (ie, normal people) rather than the , err.. gender you were not born with ....hope this helps 🙂

I love this quote as well 

Sex is your private parts and your chromosomes, by gender is an expression of identity, and is brain based rather than genital based.

2 hours ago, ehb102 said:

GENDER is a social construct. SEXUALITY is an individual's preference. BIOLOGY is the reality we live in. I hope they know that. 

To say that gender is a social construct implies that it is not determined by your birth sex, your biology, if you will.
Chromosomal and birth defect issues aside, generally speaking, girls grow up to be women, and boys grow up (for the most part) to be men.
Their sexuality is a side issue.
What I find disturbing is the willingness by todays society, medical and educational, to give people the option to change into something they were not born to be.
This has become extremely prevalent, and does not bode well for the future.

12 minutes ago, AVB said:

Sex is your private parts and your chromosomes, by gender is an expression of identity, and is brain based rather than genital based.

So why do transgenders often eventually become transexuals ?
I understand the differences between them.
I also understand that sexuality is supposedly nothing to do with either, however.
Why is it a lot of gay men (not all by any stretch) act extremely effeminately ?
Like wise many lesbians (not all) act extremely masculine? You know the ones I mean ,cropped hair, butch, dungarees :lol:

To say that all 3 things, gender, biology and sexuality are not interconnected is, to my mind inaccurate.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Even MORE LGBTQ storylines ?
I thought no Beeb  stoyline was complete without some type of character or reference to LGBT anyway !

https://www.rt.com/uk/441317-bbc-combat-heteronormative-culture/

Is anyone supposed to take this seriously? Really? Any attempt by any organisation or individual to try to tell people how they should act and what they should think should be opposed at every level. It's an insidious proposition. 

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

Is anyone supposed to take this seriously? Really? Any attempt by any organisation or individual to try to tell people how they should act and what they should think should be opposed at every level. It's an insidious proposition. 

Does the BBC care what licence payers think..or want ?

They have their agenda and thats pretty much that.
My point is , does anyone seriously believe that LGBTQ issues are under represented on TV ?

16 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Does the BBC care what licence payers think..or want ?

They have their agenda and thats pretty much that.
My point is , does anyone seriously believe that LGBTQ issues are under represented on TV ?

My Mrs watches Emmerdale, they have more than one of everything.

1 minute ago, Penelope said:

200, why do I keep seeing the same 20 or so then???

Ha , true , and you can see them half cooked in the pub every dinnertime too, before going back to their imaginary jobs 😃

Hang on a minute, thats what happens in Eastenders and Coro as well !

I think youre on to something...

38 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Tell me about it :lol:

Plus the fact that in a village of maybe 200 people, they have a violent murder every other week !

It`s even worse in Midsomer. They have at least three murders per episode. Can`t be many people left in that village. Certainly wouldn`t wish to live there.

51 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Tell me about it :lol:

Plus the fact that in a village of maybe 200 people, they have a violent murder every other week !

Yep and everybody is blackmailing everybody else because everybody has a guilty secret that could ruin them if it comes out. But viewers lap it up, the soaps get big viewing figures and earn big money.